chandan-kumar1
I am working on a client location with a product-based organization as a contractor employee.
My parent company informs me, my client is going to release on a particular date. can I take a copy of the documents, and the code which is created by me during my tenure for my future career help?

From India, Dhanbad
Babu Alexander

Trade Secret is confidential information that has a commercial value attached to it and reasonable steps have been taken to keep it a secret for as long as possible. For example, any technical information, software, data, formulas, recipes, etc. You may have to take approval from the Principle Employer in writing for copying such information
From India, Madras
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

I would suggest not to do so.

You would have signed employment contract with your Parent Company wherein there should be some secrecy and confidentiality clause. Also there should be some confidentiality clause in the Agreement entered between your Parent Company and Client. As per those confidentiality clauses you are not supposed to divulge, disclose or make to known to any person /third party any knowledge /information in respect of any process which are confidential and you are not supposed to copy or transmit the same unauthorisedly.

Even if such clause is not there please do not do so and follow work ethics.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.