amruta-gosavi
During the Financial Year and in mid of a month, if I switch job then should both employers deduct my professional tax at INR 200 for that month?
From India
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

It is very common that multiple PT get deducted while changing the employment.. Some Organisation follow the method of deducting PT on monthly basis and rest follow every 6 months basis. However you enjoy tax exemption for the same if you fall under the purview of Income tax. According to Section 16 (iii) of the Income Tax Act 1961, the profession tax paid by an employee is allowed as a deduction from his/her gross salary income

From India, Madras
amruta-gosavi
ok so in this case, my PT would be deducted more than 2500 and I can take a tax exemption of 2500, right?
From India
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, What ever PT deducted will be adjusted from the taxable income by the respective establishment.
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.