Anjana Vinoth
Hi All,
I work as a Safety Officer in an MNC company. We produce PP compounds. During production a large quantity of lumps will be generated and will be very hot. Our production team removes it and keeps it in small volume to make the scrap process easy.
Since it is very hot while removing, and is kept near walking area during line startup,I observed it to be very dangerous. Also, during this process, they immerse the tool inside the water which helps to move the lumps away. So, water is spilled all over the shop floor in the working area. This may make them fall during the urgency of line startup.
If someone experienced in this could help me and guide, will be very helpful.
Regards,
Anjana

From India, Chennai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Anjana,
What us the size of the lumps? Can these be picked up by shovel that has wooden handle? Can the lumps be dropped in the trolley that is made of steel? Movement of lumps that has three or four wheels will simplify the job of removal of the lumps.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Anjana Vinoth
Hello Sir,
Will try whether this works in our company. Also we were using trays before, but as the lumps size has to be small for reprocessing works as requested by scrap people they are following this now.
If we have found some other alternative method for this, I will update you.
You were very helpful. Thank you.

From India, Chennai
Babu Alexander

From the information you have furnished, i feel the workers are working in an unsafe environment, and this situation that hot scrap on the walk way is 'Line of Fire'
Form my experience i feel the hot PP compounds scarp should be removed form the out let end directly, and transported to the scrap yard directly by an bucket rope trolley, then and there.
The workers should be provided with asbestos aprons, gloves and heat resistance gum boots, for their personal safety.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.