No Tags Found!

arun29478

Hi ppl,
I am an HR professional, associated with the ITeS industry. I have been working on an article on attrition, related to the ITeS sector in india. The views and observations mentioned in the article are still in the initial stages. I am sure that with your help, i would be able to create a sensible article which would in turn be of some help to HR professionals in fighting attrition. I have also tried to relate a few theories to the subject. Kindly send in your suggestions on the article. Incase there is something mentioned in the article which you don't agree to, do let me know, so that i can correct the errors(if any) or clarify my stand on the same.
Regards,
Avi
http://www.hr-approach.blogspot.com

From India, Bangalore
Geeti
Hi Arun,

The article written by you is good & relating your thoughts with the HR theories you have presented it in a sophisticated manner.

Though I do not have much experience in the industry, however whatever I have learnt being a part of the IT sector i would like to share with you.

Firstly while going through your article what I felt was that your concern of attrition reasons & solutions are related to the BPO industry rather than the entire ITES sector, coz when we say ITES its not about customer support alone there is KPO (covering offshore development projects etc), Software services & much more; hence I would suggest you to ananlyse more deeply on your content & understand for yourself is it the BPO industry or the IT sector or the ITES attrition that you are covering OR you want your article to cover it all :) .

Further ATTRITION today majorly is an issue with the entire IT sector with loads of competeion amonmgst the various players in the industry trying to attract the best in terms of work facilities, non monetary benefits along with higher packages. Though here the BP industry tops the list in terms of attrition.

Also as you said that the HR department can play a key role in terms of retention YES thats true however the HR department alone cannot take care of it all, what the HR department needs to do is retain & train the heads, managers or immediate supervisors make them understand & feel that they are working with & for the best in the industry & rest will be taken care of easily; Ofcourse the HR monitoring & visibility all the way long is important to ensure that the right message is being passed on & HR being the CO representative will increase the credibility of the entire cycle.

In the end as Rajat ji (CITE Knight) has mentioned in one of the articles on motivation & retention 'Employees leave their bosses rather than the Company' I agree to it to a great extent. Please refer to the articles on the forum for your write up.

Let me know if I any questions or otherwise.

All The Best !!

Warm Regards

Geeti

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.