sandhya_dhamodhar
Hi
I am working for a ad agency. I have sent my resignation to my HR on Nov 9th but I got they accepted and sent mail on Nov 14th. They are asking me to serve two months notice starting from Nov 14th. Is the notice period starts from the date which I sent the resignation mail or is it from the date of acceptance?

From India, Bangalore
groyalg

Hi Sandhya,
Usually it is the date of acceptance. Below is the similar query asked for in the below link, please refer to it:
https://www.citehr.com/252978-notice...ting-date.html
Also, note before posting any query, kindly use the "Research" box in the header for similar query/info in future.

From India, Delhi
anil.arora

Yes the very next day of your resignation and acceptance by employer, will be applicable in this regard and you have to serve Notice Period as per the terms defined in your employment/appointment letter.
For more can go to the link provided by Mr Pravin and right at the page for related material else by going Search

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.