No Tags Found!

rajiv_rnjn
Hi Prachi
Celebrating employees' birthday as you mentioned, is a policy (whether it is documented) or you are following a simple parctice. If it is a practice you can be flexible on this. It doesn't mean that you should celebrate his wife's b'day in similar fashion as of director. Ofcourse you can invite her husband (Director) & his team member along with colleague of her level. If it is written documment you must not divert from it.
Regards
Rajiv

From India, Ahmadabad
shweta.devane

HI Prachi,
Good Morning!
I am really surprised that people at such a top position can behave like this.. but now this is not an issue of discussion..
Basically he should understand that Perosnal matters should not be taken to official level. Even though Its a matter of celebration of his wife's birthday and if he has so much of love towards her.. he would have celebrated it in some different manner...
He should not ask HR people to celebrate in same way..
Now, in this case I think.. First you try your best to retain him.. otherwise let him take his own decision.. from any point,this behaviour doesn't seem to be right... You can get another director better than him...
Just let us know afterwards what happens?
All The Best!!!
With Best Regards
Shweta

From India, Pune
Gogo

Most people spoke on efficiency but did anyone think of the maturity involved in this episode?

Firstly the "Director" should be mature enough to understand that the policies of the company will have to be stood by irrespective of any other aspect. An organisation looks at all their employees as individuals & not relations of any kind.

Secondly like some mentioned he is probably looking for an excuse to quit the company for better prospects.However this is the most immature manner of conducting oneself.

Check to see if his wife is willing to help you out of this. If not let him go. You can speak convince negotiate only upto a point but not beyond.

Once you do your best & still feel the person is not coming around you have to let go.'

Agreed he may be efficient but he is not the only one. Look at the brighter side & understqand that you now have an "efficient yet immature director" on board & can easily get a "Mature & Efficient" director too.

Just look around & you will know what I mean.

Regards
Gogo

From India, Pune
Niveditha_satish
Hi Prachi,
Just went through the entire issues and since he is a director, please get him to focus on other things than such petty things.
I agree with Harshad, when he has mentioned that both spouses should not be allowed to work in the same organisation. We have a similar policy in our organisation and the person who needs to quit needs to be decided as soon as they decide to get married.
If he still insists that his wife's birthday, quote the policy, but also mention to him that you could celebrate his aniversary like the way he wants at his cost :).
tx,
Niveditha

From India, Bangalore
sravani

Dear Prachi,
This sounds very silly.... Person in such position will never act in such a strange way.... if he is really efficient and capable. Just think before you confirm that he is efficient...
Discuss with the top management what to do about him..... It is suggested that talk to the person (director) once again explaining him about his responsibility in the company... His reaction to the situation is revealing his maturity levels.... Do u really need him to make responsible for such a high position..... First thinking in such a silly way itself is strange and secondly threatening the company by resigning is very very strange... just ask him to leave the company....... Be practical..... you get better person for such a high position.......Do not worry....
Wish you good luck & All the best
Regards

From India, Hyderabad
shweta.devane

HI Prachi..
This case was really very intersting.. U have done amzing job.. Well Done..
How can people do such things just to prove that they are so important (Even though they are not at all..).. That lady is Stupid.. she has lost her own job plus prestige.. evrything and her Husband's Prestige as well as.. What these people get after doing such non-sense things...?
Anywayz now you have done good job...
All the Best!!!

From India, Pune
shweta.devane

I really wonder How can husband listen to their wife on anything & just follow it blindly... In this case Director is also at fault..
From India, Pune
rashmi_hr2k5

Hi Prachi,

A s you have stated that , he is a efficient person. I don't think he is, because this type of behaviour is not expected from a Director Level person.

Try to make him understand that , HR policy can't be violate , he has to adhere from the policy of the company, and how he can direct that , what should be done, or not.

If once you will comprise , after that everytime , he will come with a new problems and dissatisfaction and try to take advantage.

But being a HR you shoul not allow any person to go against the policy of the company. Be tough with him, though whatever position he is holiding. Otherwise he will make you dance like puppet.

Thanks

Rashmi Pandey

I have come across very stange situation wherein one of my senior is not saitisfied with the company and the reason that he states is something we are unable to understand being in HR. The situation is:

We have a senior person working at the Director level in the company. There is one another girl who is working at the entry level with us. The two have got married now. As a company policy, we celebrate the birthdays of our employees and in this regard we had celebrated the birthday of the employee who is at the senior level a little differently. During his birthday party, all the management and the senior staff were present.

Few days back, it was his wife's birthday. As a company policy we did celebrate her birthday but not in the manner her husband's birthday was celebrated. This means being at the entry level her birthday was celebrated with other people at the same level.(We celebrate birthday's of all employees together on the last working day of the month.)

This time the employee of ours who is at the senior level got annoyed that we did not celebrate his wife's birthday in the similar fashion as was his. He feels dissatisfied and wants to quit the job.

Now, we are in a fix as we are unable to understand what should we do? We tried to convience the guy stating that his wife is not at the level where the same treatment as his can be given to her, but he just don't wannna understand anything.

Kindly advice what should we do? He is an efficient person and we donnot want him to leave the company.

Kindly advice............................. Waiting eagerly for your suggestions.

Regards
Prachi Jain[/quote]

From India, Calcutta
harsheetamongia
Hi,
May be that person is eficeint inhis work but he is not professional at all otherwise he would not creat issue for this. You need to convince him that the rules are same for every company so he should not act like a child. Still if he is not convineced than you sholud be diplomatic.
Put a mail for apologies and also annpuse that we are changing the rule-either we will not celebrate the birthday of any of emplloyee or will celebrate the brithdays of all level employees with same manner. Let him realise his mistake.
Regards
Harshita
Hr Executive

From India, Ghaziabad
sansum05
Dear Prachi
This is pity to know all that and that too from a very senior level staff Director. I wlll suggest let him resign and do not try to stop him.
Imagine, what he will say in next organization that I left my previous company because of this reason.
the other approach is, just do not discuss this matter any more because this is his 'heat of the moment" reaction later he will not insist for the same and then the HR Director can counsel him.
regards
Sanjeev

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.