New 2 HR

Dear All, I have a small query.Can an employee avail casual leave on a continuous basis for say 10 days.Any labour law in this regard. Please reply in light og law. Best Regards From Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
New 2 HR

Dear All, I have a small query.Can an employee avail casual leave on a continuous basis for say 10 days.Any labour law in this regard. Please reply in light og law. Best Regards From Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
Kalpnayadav

Hey hi,
It totally depend on your company leave policy if you do have any. But as per my understanding no employee can avail 10 days casual leaves in continuity. Max. amount which an employee can take is 3 CL at a time. And moreover CL cannot be clubbed up with any other type of leave SL or EL.
Seniors suggest.
Thanks

From India, Gurgaon
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
As stated by earlier you are free to grant as much as number of casual leaves if you have framed own leave Rules regarding grant & accumulation of casual leaves but if you want to give only statutory casual leaves only then in that case plz first examine which of the Act is applicable in your case regarding sanction of casual leaves e.g. State Shops Act, State Industrial Establishment (NF Holidays & CS Leaves) Act, Certified Standing Orders etc. Therefore see the applicability of the Act/Rules & then see the answer of your query in that Act/Rules.
R.N.Khola

From India, Delhi
New 2 HR

Dear Sir, We are covered under Shops & Establishment Act.Please advise in light of the mentioned Act. Regards From Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
If your unit/establishment is covered under The Bombay Shops & Establishment Act, 1948 then go through section 35 on leaves & holidays.
Regards,
[SIZE=1]R.N.Khola
[B][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=Verdana]

From India, Delhi
natyk
Sir, I couldnot find about the casual leaves in factory act 1948, or in the industrial dispute act.I want to quote the reference. Can any one help this regard?
From India, Kochi
aparnakhandeparker

you can take causal leave for maximum 3 days but it depends upon compay’s policies ... please check with your company policy.
From India, Pune
boss2966

Dear
Casual leave is for emergency and casual purpose and it is for 1 or 2 days and maximum of 3 days. (In defence services an individual is eligible for 30 days CL per calender year and at a time he can avail maximum of 20 days leave). If it is more than 2 or three days then PL or EL to be applied. However you can create and get the same approved by your management a separate leave policy as deemed fit to your company. (If your company located in extreme climatic conditional areas or undertakes heavily challenging and tensionful tasks then you can set the leave period in higher side)
With warm regards
S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
R.N.Khola

Dear Member,
Welcome to CiteHR.
Law relating to grant of casual leave is not there in the Factories Act, 1948 or in The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947. If your unit is covered under the Factories Act then go through your State Industrial Establishment ( N & F Holidays and C & S Leaves) Act for your query which is relating to casual leaves.
[SIZE=1]With Regards,
R.N.Khola
[B][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=Verdana]

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.