jdheepak
Hi,
Socrates was said to be a gentleman drinker, drinking because others are doing so is the worst form of it, tasting is different, but a company asking a candidate to be a social drinker is criminal offence or civil offence is debatable topic. It is all business and HR & Admin are considered as facilitators only by all business people at the end of the day. PLs choose Govt sector or Public sector where there will be no nonsense like this.

From India, Madras
devesh_gavand

Hi, You can keep glass of beer in your hand & act as taking it. You have to take on ride to such kind of people. Regards,
From India, Mumbai
ubaleamit
Hi Komal,
Drinking is not bad habit, if we are providing services then we need to make good relations with our clients so i think good that interviewer has asked u a question.
and its on you to go through.
:razz: chill .......

From India, Mumbai
Raineldo Guerrero
The question is about your values. Since your answer is no then the post woud not be in sync with your values.
Do not become judgmental of the company.
Many Marketing/Sales departments require consistent interaction with clients who like to socialize which in many cases mean "alchoholic" beverages. While you may still socialize without imbibing such beverages, you may not be able or willing to tolerate the behavior of those who consume more than they can handle.
Finally, such a question may not be acceptable in some societies as it could lead to a discrimination suit, but I am not sure what your society allows.
Raineldo Guerrero

From Belize
sundar1959@zapak.com
I fully agree with the views of other Members. We have to be on our own and we must decide whether to drink or not. If our job demands to take Clients for entertaining them, there is nothing wrong we take fresh juices and Foreigners more matured in accepting and respecting the individuals wish.
Sundararaman

From India, Madras
RAJ KUMAR SAXENA
I see no harm in the company bring in such conditions upfront before the actual interveiw and appointment. I think it is very fare on the companies part to have such pre-requisites.
You should be happy that you have been informed in advance and you can now save your time and energy for preparing for some other company.
I have had some people who donot want to entertain clients or even the staff members....the term is "Personal Ethics". These are strictly personal choices and its is good that the company/ placement came out openly.
regards:grin:

From Nigeria, Lagos
processhouse
Hi Komal,

Might be possible she has got the opening from some brewery company. Generally these clients require such candidates who can taste, share and promote their new product. Some time back I have received same type of call from J*****W*****.

Regards
Vikram

From India, Delhi
murali.mobile
This is my First message to the gruop.
My comment for this is
In this changing environement we should be more practical.
If you say yes, May be she told we will not consider an alcoholic person into our organisation.
You said NO, then she told that is also a client requirement.
In such scenarios, or unexpected questions or situations, you should be cleverly answer like a manager.
which means, don't say yes or no directly.
Try to manage that type of questions by saying half YES and half NO.
i have faced that type of questions, and managed such type of questions.
Thanks,
Murali
you should be 50 50 in somecases w

From India, Hyderabad
ashwinjain
Can any employer actually put such condition for recruitment -
Though an employer cannot put such conditions, do understand that this is a job requirement as stated by them. If you do not drink, you may not be able to fulfill their requirements and will either leave the job or will be fired. I think they are correct in stating the requirements upfront.
I will however add drinking to my ist of competencies -:D

Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Suman
Please search CiteHR.
You will find many posts about HR Monthly report a.k.a. HR MIS report.
It contains inter-alia the following, not necessarily in the order given here) :
  • "New Joinings",
  • "Separations by way of Resignation, Termination, Death/ Retirement etc",
  • "Data on Employee Costs",
  • Attrition Analysis,
  • IR reports,
  • Court Cases - status,
  • Man-power Planning,
  • Recruitment status,
  • Data on training & development,
  • Legal Compliances report, progress, schedule,
  • Policy /Circular issued, etc.
Do not hesitate to ask for more information, if you feel the above is inadequate for your requirement.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.