No Tags Found!

hunk_1

dear radhika,
first of all its not a case study...jus kidding ...dun take it otherwise..well office is like a battlefield....if he not turning up give him warning or simple deduct frm his payslip..cauz seeing him others will also set a bad example
best regards,'
rahul

From Thailand, Bangkok
RRyet
Quality performance stems from discipline.
Distinction of Quality performance and perfomance based limited attributes need to be idetified.
How you analyze performance is guided by the organisational values, based which the procedures evolve.
I have come across some majors wherein the Organizations values and operating proceduers are divorced, in such situations analytical evaluation fails. Outcome a distorted underatsnding of parameters like performance, targets, emp loyalty, etc... Net outcome effects the Quality.
Treatment to employee behavior has to take into consideration the work ethics of the organization.
Rgds
RR

From India, Delhi
RRyet
Reading through the posts I observe that a 'Talking into/through the problems' is the highest and first preference.
Indeed sounds rational but I feel an attitudnal analysis sholud precede this.
Please guide over the seasoned HR approach to it.
Rgds
RR

From India, Delhi
cnu198126

Put that employee in shifts, so that it will be easy to utilize that employee performance for that company.
From India, Hyderabad
rajsinharoy
Terminate him! WHY?
As it is it is difficult to find people who perform and deliver.
What he needs is :
[1] Empathy
[2] Counselling
[3] Performance incentives to keep him engaged
[4] More responsibilities
Some people are wired differently. Accept it.
In many industries there are production targets and the personnel are allowed to do anything after that. Take for example, bank employee like a cashier he is free after his work stint, which could be 2 to 5 hours ahead of his colleagues. Or in a pharmaceutical plant where in the tableting department the union and management have decided a daily production of a determined number in 1000s per worker. It could just be a less than 5 hours of work.
Flexi Time is to add responsibility on to an individual so that not only does he meet corporate target but exceeds it in the time alloted to him. He may save on it if his ability and competence so drives him.
Time to have a different way of dealing with issues for performers are at a premium!

From India, Surat
bhutia

Talk to him,he might have issues at home,either he might have old parents whom he has to take them to DOC each month by himself or any other issue.
From India, Mumbai
Vasant Nair

Just because he is a great performer does not give him immunity from following the rules & regulations of the Co.
I will not reccmmend any harsh action straightaway in a hurry. Like someone suggested, it will be in order that someone talks to him and tries to understand his problem and try and help him resolve those problems.
However,if the management is convinced that he is beyond salvage, well then some harsh measures are in order.
Vasant Nair
Director
Karma-HR

From India, Mumbai
SHISHIR.HR
Hi,

I believe that since the employee's performance is up to the mark, so there is no point giving him warnings for a trivial issue like this. Rather, this will create a feeling of bitterness in him for the organisation and the people around him.

We as HR should deduct his salary for the day's he'd been absent. Once his salary is deducted and if he retaliates back....this will sure shot give you an idea about his behavior. And if he does not retaliate but still continues to take holidays then there's a second way.

Here comes the role of the first line manager:
- to identify the reasons for him being absent so frequently.
- and then have a friendly conversation with him about how he's finding work, is he feeling over-pressured with any responsibility; is he happy with the job profile bestowed upon him.

This conversation will help the management to identify the real problem and then take the action accordingly.

From the above you must be thinking that where is the role of HR if first line manager does all the problem solving?

Role of the HR lies in the fact that a line manager is not efficient enough to give extra attention to each and every employee, with the kind of responsibilities he/she already have. It is the role of HR to talk to the line manager and help him to bridge the communication gap with his/her subordinate.

I suppose direct role of HR comes into the play only at the final stage when even the line managers loose hope to tackle such employees.

I hope i have put my thoughts in right words. Please feel free to give me feedbacks as i am very keen to learn.

Thanks & Regards
Shishir V Kumar

From India, Delhi
cnu198126

Hai Radhika, This is srinivas, just give him a chance. If u have shifts in your office just put him in the shifts. Talk with him personally.
From India, Hyderabad
baskaran1963
Dear quriest
However the employee is good at his performance he is continuing with his habit of taking leave without intimation even after warning. This clearly shows his attitude. You will find a better performer than him. Get rid of him as quick as possible before he is spreading this attitude to other employees.
Thanks & Regards
K.Baskaran

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.