No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Wearing short skirts in company..is it professional?
YES 4 28.57%
NO 10 71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

vivek_hr

In my opinion, Dress code makes us feel disciplined more over differences can be minimized. Regards, Vivek Mishra AM-HR & Admin
From India, Karnal
Arti Singh

India is known for its culture,traditions and value. If girls/women are getting an opportunity to work , they should concentrate more on their work with healthy and presentable dressing sense.(It could include trouser with good branded shirt , suits and sarees ) Either they are working in MNC, they should not forget that MNC ITSELF IS IN INDIA.Hence,girls should be modern with their thinking and implementation of great ideas rather then involving themselves in unnecessary issues of dressing sense etc. BE PROUD , MAKE YOUR FAMILY PROUD, MAKE YOUR WORK PROUD, MAKE YOUR OFFICE PROUD, RESULTING IN PRIDE OF INDIA.
Mrs. Arti Singh
Sr. Executive- HR
PP Group of Companies

From India, Delhi
rkjain29

Hi all,
Dress code is quite good ...... it evolves a feeling of belongingness, similarity & discpline. We can have informal dress on Friday/Saturday but it should also be a decent one....... and ARTI you make a good point that BE PROUD , MAKE YOUR FAMILY PROUD, MAKE YOUR WORK PROUD, MAKE YOUR OFFICE PROUD, RESULTING IN PRIDE OF INDIA.
I quite like that one............

From India, Calcutta
Dada37

this is 2010....you are talking like pre stone age era.............. Be relax .....dress code nothing...........its only problem....in our mind... Dada
From India, New Delhi
prof.rajesh.w
Dear Sir,
The employees should abide by the rules of the organisation regarding the culture
customs &other norms at their work-place
As per sexual harassment act 2005 which one of the clause says that :
Every employer shall take all necessary and reasonable steps to prevent and ensure that no woman employed in the establishment is subject to sexual harassment by any third party during the course of employment. Where any such Sexual Harassment occurs, the employer shall take all necessary steps to assist the aggrieved woman to redress the act of Sexual harassment .
With Regards
Prof.Rajesh .W
Pune 411033

From India, Pune
kamal_amrohi
Dear Arti,
Thanks for your post.
Especially I like,"India is known for its culture,traditions and value.BE PROUD , MAKE YOUR FAMILY PROUD, MAKE YOUR WORK PROUD, MAKE YOUR OFFICE PROUD, RESULTING IN PRIDE OF INDIA".
Regards
Kamal Amrohi

From India, Pune
Arti Singh

Pity on comments of Mr. Ravi Shankar !!!! Ravi, Will you as a father, will allow your daughter/ sister to wear short or mini skirts and roam around in office or on roads? I think never. As an HR, what I will suggest is that there should be a strict dress code policy in office in order to maintain dress discipline in office. Still if girls are desirable to wear the same in adherence to not following the policy they should be terminated at spot suggesting them to wear the same outside office premises
As in my office, as per dress code policy no female candidate is allowed to wear jeans or capris on 5 days(Monday to Friday) On Saturday , they are allowed to wear decent casual wears which is sporty in look.
And Yes, If Ravi Shankar is in some western country right now and is disappointed by following dress code policy as per our tradition , then no comments for same.
Mrs. Arti Singh
Sr. Executive- HR

From India, Delhi
Elisante Yona

Hi,
Receive attached Sample dress code,
It can help to address your question of girls wearing miniskirt or short skirt in office,
Make sure you develop a guidelines or procedures on dressing at your office
With kind regards,
Elisante Yona

From Tanzania
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Sample Dress code.doc (37.0 KB, 927 views)

kamal_amrohi
Dear Ravi,
Thanks for your active participation.
Well,I dont have any wrong opinion for girls coming in short skirts.My query was
whether its professional or not.
Its really a big stupidity if we terminate an employee basing on her dressing,the best way is counselling or follow up with company's dress code.Sending a letter to her parents..its the height of stupidity.Please never ever think of complaining about a girl to her parents.
Thank you
Regards,
Kamal Amrohi

From India, Pune
nashbramhall

The discussions in this thread clearly illustrate the futility of posing questions without giving enough details about the scenario. This is an international forum and what holds good for the Western countries may not be true for the Eastern countries, and what's acceptable in a liberal society is unacceptable in a society following strict codes. For example, in a manufacturing company that I worked for, a female technician would come to work in mini-skirts (like the tennis players wear) and one could see the underwear when she bent to pick up anything from the floor. Such type of dresses were very popular those days.
Have a lovely day.
Simhan
A retired academic in the UK.

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.