No Tags Found!

rachgera

Dear Friends,

We have read everyone's feedback. As per consensus, we all are percieving that bribe whether it is in the form of goods, services or money is ethical, or in other words that's how corporates operates.

Don't we think, after providing them bribe, we feel suppressiveness or guilt in ourself, are we not encouraging everyone to do it, are we not the contributor for it.

After having so many doubts, does anyone has the similar prospect to go forward for it, let say, we are capable of making their mouth shut, but how about the people who are not eligible to suffice the demand.

Hi, are we creating the flowery bed and presenting everything very easily. Being as an educated and cultured individual are we creating any difference in the society.

So, Prashant, i percieve, you should talk with your management and make the issue transparent in front of them. We are authentically not sure about the consequences, but yes one thing we can commit by keeping our own values alive we will repute ourself in our own eyes.

Hi, may be ur management provides u the way or u can keep it as the last option. But, please don't spoil yourself for the sake of these things.

May be i am getting emotional on it, but seriously it is the time to think and appreciating Ravi's, as well Ash's effort on it.

Regards,
Rach

From India, Delhi
dasp06

Thanks everyone for sharing your valuable thoughts over this issue.
And, I have completely failed to understand one person here. Is he confused or simply hypocrite. Because, till his last posting, where he appears to be giving tips on rooting out corruption, he all the way talked in favour of it. And, that's what makes him not credible to me.
And as said by some of you and I agree that it will need a mammoth, collective, and focused effort, if corruption has to be uprooted. Till such time, we have to live with this "necessary evil".

From India, Delhi
sam_dave

Bang on Target Ash,

It is Guru, but i avoided to quote name. And Ash i do agree to some of the points.

But what if the company is highly dependent on the Government Policies and Philosophy.

Lets take a construction company, like DLF or GMR.. Can we really imagine the amount that they are paying to Government in order to win Bid from the Government?

And if the corporates stops giving bribes, Can we really answer how much will the company grow? Or lets say what steps can government take in order to stop that company from working?

It can lead to serious consequences which no organization/company would like to undergo.

Even the company like TATA - though considered one of the most ethical companies till date offeres bribe but that bribery level is direct. (meaning:- it offers bribery directly to leaders instead of intermediates.) That is the reason why we actually dont know about TATA offering bribe!!

The bottom line remains invariable Ash
"If we dont offer bribe, we wont know on which street we would be. But if we offer bribe, we know where we can reach"

From India, Madurai
nagarajav
Hi Folks, All of us have heard of phrase "Beg,Borrow,Steal", to get our workdone. Sometime we might have used these as well. Add "Bribe" to it.....
From India, Delhi
Suri Babu Komakula

Dear Prashant
As a HR head, I will explain the circumnstances honestly to the Government official for requsitioning the documents/release of payments to my organization, and try to convince him in a better way as a gentle professional to cooperate with me being the HR head of an organization. I will also convince him with my talent and tactices to get my work done without any bribe. If possible I would try to meet the higher officials and superiors in the Government Department to justify the stand of my Organization to have a cordial look at us. A transparent deal may not face any challenges and problems in the matter of business transactions.
Suri Babu Komakula

From India, Vijayawada
Ash Mathew

You are correct Zalak.
And yes - what can government do about it? Ask for more bribe to curb bribe.
I somehow feel that there will be no end to this corrupt practise. Big companies can do it...but for young entrepreneurs, wont this be a barrier? It is... a real showstopper.

From India, Madras
ramit_chd

Hi gentlemen, the bribe-wine has been covered the tree of value. No doubt, we are only watering it by way of suggesting openly to give bribes. we inherited it and passing to the descendants pleading that its essential part of life in the third world contries. We are determined to get the country glory of the developed nation by 2020 without eliminating the bribe wine. Atleast the HR professiional should abstained the idea of giving/offering bribes .
From India, Delhi
tajsateesh

I think Zalak seems to have had a lot of unpleasant experiences with corruption, being in the Power industry-since the infrastructure segment is now the largest in terms of the quantums in corruption. Talking of the Tatas, their logic could be: if resorting to corrupt practices can't be avoided, better deal with the top, rather than the lower staff. But how many of the small companies will have the reach to approach the top guys in the govt?

I am not sure if talking about the corruption in govt depts or PSUs-which is a fact of life, as of now, at least-leads to any solution. For the simple reason that NONE of us have any say in it-except in a very limited way thru the RTI. And how many of us have the time to spend to battle it-with all of us having to work to survive-with exceptions who can be counted on the fingers of ONE hand?

Like someone said earlier in this thread, corruption exists even in the private sector. And thanks to the IT boom since the past 10-15 yrs, this very profession of HRD turned out to be the primary cause-how & when can be shared, but it's irrelevant in this thread.
It's nice to lecture homilies, but practicing what we preach is pretty tough-I know from personal exp & which is where Ravi is right. I remember leaving the association with a couple of top-rated IT companies way back in 2000-2005, just b'cos of the change of guard in the HR with guys passing subtle hints to share from the fees-despite being my company's major revenue earners. And when I took this up with a senior HR guy [he heads the HR function in top-rated MNC @ B'lore now], all he said was: why can't you go along with the tide and make money?
And frankly, I have no regrets. I added other clients who shared similar ethics & values. All I can say is this: the situation isn't in my control, but what's in MY control is MY RESPONSE to it. And participating in the corrupt act ISN'T THE ONLY possible response.

Why not begin naming those black sheep amongst our fraternity-based on each one's experiences within the private sector [be they HR professionals/managers or consultants]? Let's see how many of those who posted in CiteHR really mean what they said?

Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

BTW, Zalak — you work in Adani Power. Does the name Bhavesh/Nilesh Adani sound familiar? Rgds, TS
From India, Hyderabad
procept
I quite agree with what ken said, because sth is the norm does not make it normal. If am the decision maker , I will c to it that I keep my records straight, no avenue for any govt official to cheat or make me contribute to Illegal deals. And where I have to report to a line manager, I will let him decide and draw my conclusions from there. I believe there are still law abiding citizens and companies in the world. A note to all--Who are you?.
From Nigeria
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.