No Tags Found!

abhi.chembiol2011
Respected Sir, my question is regarding the serving notice period. My appointment letter says that if I decide to leave the company, I will serve 2 months notice period or par the salary for 2 months. The word salary is not clearly defined in the appointment letter. I served 15 days notice period and now want to pay for the remaining duration. My company has calculated the due amount based on my CTC while I feel that it should be based upon the basic salary.

Sir/Madam, please let me know my rights as an employee. I have left the company after serving 15 days of the notice period. I resigned by requesting them to accept my resignation on urgent basis and do the needful as per clause number 4 (job termination clause number mentioned in the appointment letter).

I believe that for remaining duration of the notice period, company should claim the amount as per basic salary but their greed has no limits and they want to claim 45 days salary based on CTC. I repeat here once again, my appointment letter says that in case I want to leave the job, I will have to serve 2 months notice period or the salary of the duration. No clarification has been given if this salary will be calculated on basic or CTC.

Your suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks and regards!

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

Normally salary in lieu of notice period has to be calculated based on Gross salary. As it is not clearly mentioned in the Appointment letter you need to check with your and look for amicable solution.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.