No Tags Found!

Ash Mathew

Tariq needs a chill pill :-)
Tariq, I have only one thing to tell you - dont under-estimate any profession, dont generalize it because you have had a tough time. Learn to respect, its not at all a suprise to see that a person like you is frustrated. Because if you have so much time and patience to type such under estimating words, I am sure you must have behaved and spoken even worse to your HR's. Atlast - everybody is human. Give respect and take respect.
Good Luck in your career!
@ Raj Kumar - I dont know which decade of HR's you are talking about.. Because - I dont call what ever you say HR as HR. Makes absolute no connection to atleast what I have seen in my tenure until now.
Probably thats how people were and now things are seeing a different light.

From India, Madras
tariq.qureshi
Typical HR response. Thats what I mean when I say HR behave like GOD. Just a support staff and pretends to run and control entire organization. Just because I dont like HR, you jumped to conclusion that how I must have behaved badly with the HR and what bad words I might have use. This is when you dont know a bit about me as a person.
This is a classic example of what HR does to its employees. Ash, just because you refuse to accept something doesnt means that it doesnt exist. I can be wrong but not all people who dont like HR. But then again for all those people again you will jump to conclusion that "ohh.. those people.. well they are just people with negative attitude and they dont know about HR etc.. etc..."
Thats why I said " An HR can make an HR understand that what noble work they are doing" and no one else will either understand this or agree to this.
Keep ranting this that HR is noble and they are doing s social service..

consultme

I may agree to @Rajkumar on certain points but certain points are baseless allegations or can be purely "perception"

What emerges is not a friendly, warm, supportive image; but an obstinate, stubborn bully who refuses to listen, who is insensitive to see the other's viewpoint, who thinks s/he is always right. Yes. There are professionals like this. It is because of their attitude and inadequate leadership orientation. In any other profession, people may not consider this as so serious but it is a truth that employees are expecting their HR to listen, sensitive to team, communicate well with all. HR should be a person with so much patience and ability to empathize

A small criticism, and the HR fraternity; instead of "listening" with sensitivity to the woes and pains of others; is on the defensive; rather on the offensive - this fellow must be taught 'the lesson' !! Yes. There are professionals like this

Why can't we accept that most often the HR are callous and insensitive. They lack the technical competency to understand their own functional areas (not to speak of the business operations). No. I think we should not generalise it. In your personal experience, you should have met such HR's in a particular industry vertical. I do agree there are HR folks who fits your definition and lacks functional knowledge...but here who's fault it is? CEO, right

Compare it with the technical competency of Finance people. Even though they are also not technical persons, they understand operations to an extent that they can allocate costs and revenue at each step; point out wasteful expenditures, audit the system etc. See, HR also doing similar kind of exercises, where managements delegates power to do this. There are companies who consider HR as strategic business partner.

It is very rarely that I come across an HR who is soft-spoken, humble, warm, enthusiastic, friendly and sharp. Rather, such qualities are looked down upon, and an HR who acts like a 'policeman' or a bully, is preferred !!!
It is your experience. Experience can influence perception to a large extend. Next time, when you meet another HR, this perception will make you biased. Even writing this, that bias would have influenced you, that is quite normal. A single person in a profession can also spoil the image of the profession. Unfortunately in India, we don't have any strict code of conduct
like that of Chartered Accountants or Audit for HR.

It is the king-size ego that an HR acquires (due to his situational proximity with the management or the "Big Boss"), which spoils him/her beyond redemption. Yes. There are professionals like this. It is because of their attitude and inadequate leadership orientation. Hope they will get acquainted with the latest developments in HR and change to Social HR

However, I would like to repeat again....

HR job is one of the most critical job in any organization, irrespective of its size. Quality of HR department depends on the person who sits in HR Office and more importantly delegation of power and management style by CEO and investors. Another critical aspect for success of HR department would be level of understanding with line management folks.

From India, Bangalore
tariq.qureshi
Finally we have someone who atleast admits that HR is at fault to some extent. Maybe some day more of HR people will understand this instead of arguing that they are above and beyond any faults and are superhuman beings who are doing this job for a social and noble cause for humanity...

Ash Mathew

Some one said that they will not argue again..or even say anything more. Becuase they have lost the "thing" to argue ;-)

Tariq - Take a chill pill.

Just like how you said I dont know a bit about you as a person...same way - kid: You dont know a bit about professionalism. Some people will learn it when asked to follow it, some people will learn the hard way. You fall in the latter side.

I know you will get back defending yourself, PLEASE DO SO & That will make you feel better. I know you are purely emotion driven, so unless you get the feeling that you have spoken something so much that people cant respond to you, you wont feel better...and trust me, I want you to feel better.

Whatever you try to say - I would request you to respect each others profession. If you tend to be like this and with a closed attitude, people would hate to even respond to you. Dont let that happen.

(You have clearly mentioned below that you dont like HR... now thats the Generalized opinion you have..caught you!. And - I have not concluded anything about you - thats not my business either."

You have asked me "Ash, just because you refuse to accept something doesnt means that it doesnt exist". Please practise this at your end first.. Its worth considering. Just because you refuse to respect the HR profession, it does not mean the whole world needs to follow you.

The immediate statement you have put is a very contradicting term.

Poor you - who told you HR is social service? Dont create stories by yourself, I dont think anyone in this thread mentioned about any social service here.

You seem to be creating stements / or even reading things that are not mentioned by anyone. )

-------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE=tariq.qureshi;981818]Typical HR response. Thats what I mean when I say HR behave like GOD. Just a support staff and pretends to run and control entire organization. Just because I dont like HR, you jumped to conclusion that how I must have behaved badly with the HR and what bad words I might have use. This is when you dont know a bit about me as a person.

This is a classic example of what HR does to its employees. Ash, just because you refuse to accept something doesnt means that it doesnt exist. I can be wrong but not all people who dont like HR. But then again for all those people again you will jump to conclusion that "ohh.. those people.. well they are just people with negative attitude and they dont know about HR etc.. etc..."

Thats why I said " An HR can make an HR understand that what noble work they are doing" and no one else will either understand this or agree to this.

Keep ranting this that HR is noble and they are doing s social service..[/QUOTE]

From India, Madras
tariq.qureshi
Ash

You are HR to the core so no matter how many people say or agree with me you will never agree that HR can be wrong, HR people can be wrong. HR policies can be wrong. You pick one instance out of stack and quote that out of context and on top of it you tell me that I am creating statements. Never in the entire thread even once you admit that HR can be wrong even when I gave you specific examples, instead you mentioned that these points should be asked to your HR and not on cit HR, you forgot that I was giving an example of how HR behaves, you can find so many examples in this entire thread where people have quoted specifics, are those also unprofesional, emotion driven grief struck people? May be in your words yes, they all are same like me.

I talk about HR you bring all the departments in picture that I should respect all. How come you know I respect or not respect all professionals or departments. Did I ever mentioned any thing else other then HR? This what we call HR attitude. HR can never be worng, the world can be wrong. God bless HR.. Long live HR..You want to HR to be respected not HR to earn respect. Just because you think you are doing a good job as a HR doesnt means that HR is great.

Secondly, I am no kid, better get this straight once and for all. I dont want to call you names so dont make such remarks.. got that? Also anyone can see who is driven by emotions, I never called you a kid, an unprofessional person and blah blah bla. All the time I was talking about HR and you as in HR but you are the one who is calling me names.. is that frustration or your emotions are over powering you?

Lastly, I would not take any professionalism lecture from HR, least of all you, who knows nothing about me.

koul meenakshi
Mr. P S Dhingra
thanks a many for your so knowlegble views about HR,Sir but in organisation HR is not respected at all........there exists no power and authority.As far as the behaviour is concerned we people are very soft spoken to everyone and too lineant in all aspects.........despite of this fact still the employees are arrogant and averse towards us ...........there is undue interference from all unconcerned persons just because they have power and authority of top management people due to which we people cant do anything.At times it is so frustating for us but we are helpless in such a situation i think its the companie' s management that is wrong ........

From India, New Delhi
knl_pratap
Hr is a connecting link between admin and employees and workers. he not only hav 2 satisfy the admin but also the employees. but the salary is paid by admin...
From India, Pune
tariq.qureshi
Dont say this here. HR people will be after you. Cant you read the pro HR posts. Anything and everything which happens in an organization (read: only good things) is done by HR and HR only...

tariq.qureshi
I wonder how Asha Mathew will react to these positings. May be she will call these guys as emotion driven, grief struck, unprofessional, unable to see reality, a person who doesnt respects others, a kid who needs chill pill ... etc .. etc.. etc..

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.