No Tags Found!

saiconsult

Having allowed the employee to withdraw the resignation purportedly at their instance (as inferred from the meeting), it does not lie in the mouth of the management now to say that we have accepted the resignation.They cannot accept a resignation that was withdrawn.If they now terminate him, it becomes all the more questionable.True the management puts itself in an awkward position.
B.Saikumar

From India, Mumbai
sneha joshi

First of all thank you so much for your view.

The things which I want to clear here are:

1. Why I have arranged meeting with that Employee:
Because, he didn't come office for 2 days. And then he called me to meet that’s why I suggest to come at office. He apologized for his behaviour and told me that he wants to withdraw. So I told him to let him know management’s decision till tomorrow. As soon as he reached home he sent us a mail with withdrawal.

2. Actions which we (Management) took:
Policy depends on company to company, in this case we have decided to not accept his withdrawal and accept his resignation by giving notice period to be served.

3. Reason why I told to terminate or told to not want him in the company is:
He was unable to take a call of his senior and not able to work efficiently. Furthermore, if we retain him than we might give example to employees to raise their voice in anger to management. We all have stress somewhere but it doesn’t mean we take a drastic decision and then expect to take it back. It’s not home it’s a company where you have to behave and act in certain way.
And if incase we give him second chance than it’s been clear that he won’t continue and leave a job soon.

So it’s better to depart and give him smooth transition.

I have solved this problem and heartily thanks to everyone who has participated in my thread and given me valuable inputs.

Warm Regards,
Sneha

From India, Pune
loginmiraclelogistics

But still we aren't given to understand what's the fate of this employee. Whether he was allowed to stay on or relieved as resigned or/terminated ? The questions raised about his performance appears to be after thought, if I'm correct, having called him and convinced to stay on, istn't. ?? No doubt HR managed the chapter to the satisfaction of Mmt. what if had this employee not resigned and carried on (both) with the anger(s), termination ?? How about his FnF settlement, how was this made out pl.??
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.