No Tags Found!

winjobs2020

Vani,
1) Is it like, the 2 offshore offices run only on 3 Projects as mentioned, If so, where is the backup and who will create the backup?
2) Can you think of Insourcing the employees who you find fault with?
3) And moreover, if you have identified employees passing wrong messages about the company, why still they havent moved out of the company (This is a + point on your side), as good stuff people will allways get opportunity in Recession times also.
4) I believe you know about Bell Curve (jack Welch's strategy), in finding out the contributors, non contributors and so on... Please try to improve the non Contributors or eliminate them.
These are my views.. correct me if i'm wrong in certain aspects.
Rgds,
Vinod

From India, Madras
bondsharma1985
Dear Vani
I am in complete agreement with Dinesh,nothing offensive but your company is running from last 8 yrs,Company must be charging depreciation,must have liquid assets,where they have dis-appeared.
Another solution could be take a loan from bank,disberse the salaries & than take legal action against the employee who are spoiling the reputation of the company.Hacking sites & any illegal activities can be punished through Cyber laws.
As this is a passing phase & definitely in a quarter or two you'll again come out with flying colours.Wish u good luck.

From India, Indore
SATYAJIT NAIR
Vani,

You sure are in an unenviable situation !

However, I do get the feeling that it is the culmination of probably the following interelated issues:

a;) Leadership issues

b;) Dissatisfaction with management style

c;) Lack of transparency

d;) Lack of a cohesive policy to root out potential areas of internal conflict

Please do not mistake me in construing the above as a reflection of your efforts.Your post itself indicates the sincerity and genuiness of your concern and your efforts as a facilitator in trying to explore all possible avenues. My only concern is that the situation that you are in, you may end up becoming a scapegoat if not handled carefully.

The sub prime crisis became public sometime in June last year. But Industry analysts were crying themselves hoarse about the impending crisis from 2007.

Those companies which foresaw the looming danger took corrective measures and escaped being scalded.

But so far as your company is concerned...as I understand the top management spend crucial time resolving their internal financial issues rather than concentrating on building a strategy to survive the market holocaust.

So the middle management and the rest of the employees who were witness to what unfolded thereafter have also a story to tell.I am sure you empathise with that fact.

In the event any of the employees decide to take legal action, the law generally favours the employee in such cases even if the company makes a decent case for itself.I think that is the case in most parts of the world and more so in liberal democratic countries like India and the US.

So it is recommended not to let situation escalate further.

However, now that the management has apparently come to grips with the problem, it is imperative to undertake the following:

Form a team which includes members from the senior management, departmental heads and employees. In fact though I might sound a bit radical you may include some of the potential troublemakers too in the core team.

I was infact stating from my own experience that the best way to handle potential trouble makers is to give them responsibility and recognition.

The immediate objective of the core team is to draft a milestone based action plan and defining appropriate rewards at the end of achieving each milestone.

The meeting and subsequent followthrough meetings should be carefully documented and the minutes of the meeting circulated to all employees and ensure to get the MOMs acknowledged.

A daily progress chart should be made available on the website or on intranet so that everyone is able to visualize how close the company is towards achieving the milestones.

On achieving the first milestone, a major employee engagement initiative can be undertaken wherein close family members of the employees are also invited and members of the senior management should take the initiative in discussing the issues at hand and how the team has embarked on an action based plan.

The whole objective of such a meeting should be to reassure all concerned that there is a strong leadership in place and that the management has done its groundwork in assessing the issues on hand and that serious concerted effort is underway to come out of the crisis.

Such an opportunity can also be utilized in conveying that the management had noticed acts of indiscipline amongst the ranks and though it had taken a considerate view so far keeping in the mind the difficulties faced by the employees...However keeping in mind the steps initiated and that any such irresponsible act may seriously dampen the momentum and in the process affect the propects of other innocent employees and their families,,,hence, the management will not hesitate to take serious action against the employees concerned.

This point may be deftly conveyed to all in my opinion.

Every effort should be made to recognize the efforts of all and those who have performed outstandingly should be rewarded suitably.

I think more answers and suggestions may come your way once you intitiate such a step.

All the best !

Warm Regards

Satya

From India, Bangalore
aaryan84
sir i hav to prepare my first project on financial problems and the tools applied to resolve them using accounting process.Can u suggest me few sites.
From India, Madras
SATYAJIT NAIR
Hi Aaryan, apologies for the delay in responding....I am not very clear as to what your exact requirement is...nevertheless there is one link which i am appending below which guides you on the basics of financial management...it provides you with related links too which you can explore yourself...similarly there would be other sites on google which can
be looked up
Basic Guide to Financial Management in For-Profits
If you are looking for a payroll related software there are countless such sites on the net...JSM tech, Reylon Softech...there are also countless threads on CITEHR too which you can explore...

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.