View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

revathi.k@pnestec.com

Thanks John & Preet For giving me the chance.
I'm not much experienced in this field so i request senior members to support and correct me if i'm wrong
My Question is
How TQM is used in HR ?
&
Explain the machinery for settling disputes ?
Regards,
Revathi

From India
preetk

Hi Revathi,
It is a good question, which is now a days becoming popular among the corporates. Even I am working on it to implement in HR with my TQM consultant.
I prefer others to answer your question. If no one answers the question, then I will post my answer.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
revathi.k@pnestec.com

Hi Preet I was having this Question from quiet a long time. Now through citehr i got the platform to learn about this topic. Thanks preet for supporting! Regards, Revathi
From India
lavanya_april

Hi All, I got some info on DISPUTES OF MACHINERY: Find the info attached. Correct me if i am wrong. Regards, Lavanya
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc disputes_machinery_183.doc (30.5 KB, 226 views)

lavanya_april

Hi Preeth,
That article on God is really interesting. I read it somewhere already. :)
And i could add an info about it.
The student is none other than our former President Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam!!!! 8)
Regards,
Lavanya. :D

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Lavanya,

Good answer by you for the Dispute Redressing machinery. I think it is more appropriate answer.

Hi Revathi,

Pls find the answer for TQM

TQM is defined as a “Management approach of an organization, centered on quality, based on participation of all its members and aiming at long-term success through customer satisfaction, and benefits to all members of the organization and to society."

The total part of TQM encompasses not only the external end user and purchaser of the product/services but also internal customers such as co-workers or other departments. In TQM, all work is seen as “Process" and TQM is a continuous process of improvement for individuals, groups of people and whole organization. It involves a set of four principles and eight concepts. The four guiding principles are:

Customer Satisfaction, Managed by Facts, People-based Management, Continuous improvement

TQM is primarily an organizational strategy to achieve excellence and therefore HR has an important role to play in designing the interventions to prepare the people and the organizations for the desired change.

HR has to undertake training of personnel in understanding the application of TQM methods & its tools. HR initiatives in this context have to address in training of personnel in becoming "data minded than opinion minded". The mindset of “What is wrong" than” Who is wrong" to be generated & built up. Though it is a formidable task, HR has to trigger this thinking in an organization to realize thought revolution of TQM dimension.

Further, HR has to initiate employee involvement in TQM. Ultimately, quality is physically produced by the operator on the shop floor. It is therefore very important that he understands the quality requirements of his job. This is possible provided his involvement in the job is very high and he is a very committed and empowered worker. It is in this context that Japanese have introduced Quality Circles which have generated high level of commitment of workers. Quality circles are based on the fundamental principles of collaboration, involvement & empowerment. HR has to facilitate the culture of team work either in the form of Quality Circles, Quality Teams, Task force, CFT, Suggestion schemes or any such others innovative employee involvement schemes for TQM activity.

Finally HR has to create TQM mindset by focusing following three main orientations:-

1) The customer orientation

2) The process orientation

3) The people orientation.

The concept of TQM is first evolved by Mr. W. Edward Deming of Japan. Principle of “Do things right, the first time and every time"

For your Info, the first Indian company which won the Deming Prize (Instituted in the name of Edwar Deming, who has conceptualized TQM) for TQM is Sundaram Clayton, Chennai, and it is one of the member of elite group of Deming Prize winners. Other members of the elite group are, Florida Power & Light, AT& T’s Power Systems, and Philips’s Taiwan Unit.

Even the great giants like Honda, Sony, and GE who has won Deming Award for TQM are not the members of the Deming Prize winners Elite group.

I will post one more small definition of TQM (which is in a common man understanding format) which I read in one of the website.

Preet

NS: Sorry! I was telling everyone to reduce the answer in short form, but sometimes we could not edit anything because, not to loose any important information.

From India, Bangalore
sangeeta_suri1974

Hi Friends
I am a new participant.
I would also like to add my comments on TQM.
TQM may be defined as creating an organisational cultute committed to the continous improvement of skills, team work, processes, product & service quality & customer satisfaction.
For achieving total quality, 3 three things are essential:
1. Meeting customer's requirement
2. Continous improvement through management process
3. Involvement of all employees
Steps in TQM
1. Plan
- Policies & objectives
- Methods to achieve objectives
2. Do
- Education & Training
- Implementation of change
3. Check
- Observe Results
- Analyses Results
4. Act
- Prevent Undersired Effects
- Measures for improvement
I tried to explain TQM in HR. Just to share my knowledge on this topic.
Sangeeta

From India, New Delhi
preetk

Hi All,
As I mentioned pls find below the TQM concept, which I read in one website.
What is TQM?
The problem of quality management is not what people don’t know about it. The Problem is what they think they do know. . . . In this regard, quality has much in common with sex. Everyone is for it (under certain conditions of course). Everyone feels they understand it (Even though they wouldn’t want to explain it). Everyone thinks execution is only a matter of following natural inclinations. (After all, we do get along somehow). And, of course, most people feel that all problems in these areas are caused by other people (if only they would take the time to do things right). (Crosby, 1979)
Hi Sangeetha,
Welcome to this thread. It is good contribution from you. Keep participating.
Preet

From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi All, The TQM is conceptualized by Japaneese and is being used in the name of " KAIZEN" which involved of processes. Preet
From India, Bangalore
sangeeta_suri1974

Hi Preet
Kaizen means constant improvement. Kaizen practitioners view quality as on endless journey, not a final destination. They are always experimenting, measuring, adjusting & Improving kaizen involves.
(i) Improved & more consistent product & service quality.
(ii) Faster cycle time
(iii) Greater Flexibility
(iv) Lower costs & less waste
Sangeeta

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.