balaji rao03

dear Mr. Navin
the best way to pull urself out of this trauma and tension is to visit the employer once and clear all clouds by convincing them to drop the charges. i feel they will definitely consider your ignorance to law and may be you will be relived from this mess. but pl dont repeat this with employers for you may land in trouble, for you might be spoiling somebody's opp who r really in need and deserves that job.

From India, Madras
ramen4
Navendra ,
You need not worry at all and prepare for MBA . No one is going to take you to the court . Stop receiving ant letter from the company incase it is coming . Even if you recieve nothing is going to happen . Hence relax and concentrate on your forth coming exam
Regards,
Ramendra

From India, Mumbai
prashant_nair

Dear all!!!! All this talk about 'Just Relax and forget about it' is too risky , if the employer is serious. There are many organisations who do not compromise and try all possible means to recover the amount. Naveen should know from his experience as to how serious they are about chasing such fellows!! From your worries it appears that they are not going to easily forget this forgettable experience.

I endorse the views of Ash Mathew. I am shocked at the response of many of peers. As HR professionals do we advocate unethical behviour?. Is this cite meant to promote unethical practices??? I hope not. It appears there is a lot of common belief that law will never catch and yet this has proved to be the undoing of many a scoundrels. Remember each time a politician is in the dock, he proclaims to the whole world that he has tremendous belief in the Indian Judicial system that he will emerge scathfree from this episode.

The feeling that since the company has terminated you so you are not liable to reimburse the notice period salary is a falacious argument. The termination has been brought upon yourself and the organisation has only regulated it by issuing termination order. The legal position is clear on this point. From the appointment clause it looks clear that they have a tight case to seek the notice period payment.

Knowing all the circumstances as above it is for you to decide how much risk you can take. KK Nair

krish126
It is shocking that some members have advised like union leaders and in the process making Naveen commit even more mistakes. This forum is for HR Professionals and as a senior HR Professional, I must say that what Naveen is trying to do is avoid penalty or even going and meeting the employers to sort out issues. Let me assure those of you who have said it is not possible to go to court and recover money etc that in our company we have done that very successfully and in short durations. It is not easy for an employee to fight a case in the court and also take care of his career progression elsewhere and it is best for him to meet the employers and try and sort it out with them with minimal damages. Is anyone who has advised Naveen not to worry about the legal notice willing to hire him in thier company? I am sure the answer will be a big NO. Let us be fair in our advise and keep the employers interests in mind too.
Krishnan

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.