tambesd
I am santosh tambe hr-officer i want the anser for pf rule supose the my basic salary 34000 my question the pf deuction is compalsary 780 for employer that the rule. So explain i am not understand the rule for pf deduction.
From India, Mumbai
niljoshi
@Santanu,
The P.F. deduction is @12% of Basic+D.A. Normally the gross monthly salary constitutes of Basic+D.A.+HRA+Allowances. In your case, your gross monthly salary is Rs.34000/- Hence, you need to check what is your Basic salary out of that. I am sure, it will be Rs.6500/- Hence, the PF is deducted only on this Basic amount. Irony is, in the earlier days, the Basic component was kept low so that the Employer contribution towards PF, ESIC, Gratuity, etc. was low. Now, its the other way round. It is kept above Rs.15000/- to get away with the ESIC & PF regulations.
@ Jayashree,
Your clarification is ambiguous. For last many years, my Basic salary has been much more than Rs.20000/- and all my past employers have deducted on that amount at the appropriate rate (earlier 8.33 & now 12%). Hence, I do not think it may be voluntary on the organisation to contribute the applicable rate only on Rs.6500/- irrespective of the Basic+ DA. Please clarify.
Regards:

From India, Mumbai
nslnarasimhaswamy

The Employees Provident Fund & Miscellaneous provisions Act 1952 covers employees drawing a salary of Rs6500/pm(wef1-06-2001)The rate of contribution is 12percentof the basic,DA,and retaining allowance if any.The rate of contribution is however10 percent in the case of covered establishments employing less than 20 persons,sick industrial company as defined under sec3 of the industrial companies, ay establishment which has accumulated losses equal to or exceeding its entire networth at the end of financial yearand jute,beedi, brick,coir and guar gum industries.therfore whatever deductions are made from your salary towards PF,It is in accordance with the provisions of law and the employer is obliged to contribute the same amount. If you want to contribute anything overand above it is purely optional.
From India, Hyderabad
kosalraj

Dear Santanu,
As per the PF Act is Rs.6500/- is the ceiling for calculation of PF contribution. Hence the your PF deduction is Rs.780/= i.e., 12% of 6500/-. However you can choose to make a voluntary PF contribution of 12% of Rs.34,000/ minus Rs.780/- ie., Rs.4080-780= Rs.3300. This will help you in your permissible savings for IT.
The company will contribute only Rs.780/-(Rs.239/- towards PF and Rs.541/- towards EPS), as they have chosen to stick to the mandatory limits.
Hope you understand.
Regards,
Kosal Raj.

From India, Madras
joharsk7
i think lot of suggestion are being posted for any question ,but still a doubt remain for the correct answer.
can there be any legal expert on cite hr who will provide us the correct answer to that citing the relevant LAWS or the case citation in this regard.Following Practise in one company or the others does not show the picture of Statue .
so many suggestions make us confused .i think Mr. Khosla and some other senior legal experts can take this initiative to come forward and suggest any way out and make us feel that we are following the Statute .

ranga_ag
Dear Santanu,
As per the PF Act, the standard dedcution PF is restricted to Rs. 6500/- and accrodingly the employer has deducted @ 12% on Rs. 6500/- works out to Rs. 780/-. This is correect.
Regards,
Rangarajan

From India, Bangalore
vikram_e
As per the Employees Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 employees whose salary is less than or equal to Rs. 6,500/- are covered by the act. Hence the deduction towards PF contribution is restricted to 12% of the maximum salary limit i.e. 6,500/- pm.
Regards
V. Ekkirala
IMT-Nagpur

From India, Mumbai
avdhoot69
My question is If assume that last 3 to 4 years, company is calculate PF on basic i.e Rs.34000/- and in between they start deducting PF on ceilling i.e Rs.6500/- in that case what the company suppose to do and what employee suppose to do. pls send your valuable advise.
From India, Mumbai
abbasiti

Dear Avdhoot,
Nothing to do. At one stage employer was in a position to contribute at higher salary. Accordingly he contributed. Now the situation changed. There may be queries from the auditors or the financial position become down. Or even because of his adament stand that henceforth no higher contribution is to be paid for a salary beyond Rs. 6,500. Whatever be the ground, there is no claim for the employees for over and above the ceiling limit.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
gaurav_bansall
Mr. Kushal PS Mahur Please advise that which section of PF Act, 1952 provides limit of Rs. 6,500/- Gaurav Bansal
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.