No Tags Found!

sdurgaprasad117
Now I Am Working In A Software Organization. The Matter Is That I Have To Face Mentally Harassment By My Manager .She Is Lady She Don't Bear Any Type Of Pressure Of Work On Her And Transfer It To Any One.Company name -XXX,Manager name -YYY
Kindly suggest me what can i do.
i am waiting for your reply.

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

What is the type of harassment being faced?
Verbal scolding,pulling down,criticism or abusive words.
Is the harassment of personal nature or work related?
Do other staff members have the same problem or is it directed only against you?
Start noting down -days,timings,witnesses and what was being told which amounts to harassment.
If other people are also being talked badly to,then you could visit HR and complain.
You can try and get shifted to another manger if your skill set permits.
You can even take the bull by the horns and put everything in writing to management and ask for the manager to be counselled or get yourself shifted to another team.
But whatever the provocation-remain cool and do not retaliate and take care as she could give a twist to the whole story about you not behaving well.
How long have you served in this company and what is your performance rating?

From India, Pune
neite75
One basic thing about being a HR or any professional: Do not take out name in public. I understand your agony, but there is also a way to express it in a proper manner.
Harassment can be very broad. You can specify the exact nature of the 'harassment' so that we can give guidance.

From India, New Delhi
sdurgaprasad117
@ NathRao--She will talk like anything ,She wont tell if appreciation comes related to my work but if someone says or asks anything related work then she will blast me .If i ask any thing related work the she will say "you are senior resource ,help is not provided.
If u didn't ask any help and if something goes wrong then she will say you should ask for support.
Every time she threatining me ,i will open performance improvement program if you didn't listen my words.
I had requested many times to change project but she is not releasing.As per unisys policies if any one working 18months in same project then we have right to change project.
I have completed 2 years in this project and have asked for change but she is not doing.
Other managers,team leads very much impressed my work but here every time she is saying i am waste ,waste.

she don't like what ever task i have completed but i will receive appreciation from developers.I am planning to record all her words when we I am in discussion.Every she is saying like I will open performance improvement program on you so that you can't eligible to move other team.

Here in our organization HR listens blindly whatever manager says,I am not only one suffering like this and there are 21 team members present in our team.Many of them are suffering and lady team members some times they will cry in meeting room.

Kindly suggest what can we do ??

From India, Bangalore
sdurgaprasad117
@ NathRao--She will talk like anything ,She wont tell if appreciation comes related to my work but if someone says or asks anything related work then she will blast me .If i ask any thing related work the she will say "you are senior resource ,help is not provided.
If u didn't ask any help and if something goes wrong then she will say you should ask for support.
Every time she threatining me ,i will open performance improvement program if you didn't listen my words.
I had requested many times to change project but she is not releasing.As per unisys policies if any one working 18months in same project then we have right to change project.
I have completed 2 years in this project and have asked for change but she is not doing.
Other managers,team leads very much impressed my work but here every time she is saying i am waste ,waste.

she don't like what ever task i have completed but i will receive appreciation from developers.I am planning to record all her words when we I am in discussion.Every she is saying like I will open performance improvement program on you so that you can't eligible to move other team.

Here in our organization HR listens blindly whatever manager says,I am not only one suffering like this and there are 21 team members present in our team.Many of them are suffering and lady team members some times they will cry in meeting room.

Kindly suggest what can we do ??

@NEITE75 : what can i do ,some times i feel commiting suicide by listening those words

From India, Bangalore
nathrao

The manager appears to be very insecure and egoistic.

Handling such people needs a lot of tact and forbearance.

Inspite of her yelling and screaming keep informing her of the progress of the project along with other team members.

Ignore if she is sarcastic but try and imbue in her a feeling of being consulted.

If any developer appreciates you acknowledge the role of your boss also.

It is very stressful to tackle such bosses and still deliver quality and in timely manner.

Try and avoid things which trigger her off.

This is where you should develop mental toughness.

Successfully tackling a difficult and egoistic boss/manager will develop in you a confidence and tolerance capacity.

IN the mean time probably your group can talk to HR as it is not only your problem.

Formally request for change of project in accordance with company policy.

In life one comes across tough situations,learn to negotiate,navigate your way and not accept defeat.

Last resort look for a change of job.

For a qualified man the present company is not the only one.

Competent employees will always get a job offer.

Lastly my advice would be dont loose heart.

Change things to your favour by positive actions.

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.