No Tags Found!

medha.mathur

hi,

i was going through the thread of posts on this discussion and would certainly like to express that this is indeed very thought provoking. However, there is one thing i'd like to say here - i believe that an HR person invariably becomes a "loner" in office but having said that, the problems he/she faces is quite unique. This is out of personal exprience. i am working with my company for the past 3 years and have developed a rapport with almost all the employees of my practice. since all of them are client facing, they usually are travelling or are on client locations, which makes it very tough to literally bond with them since they physically present in office for a very short duration. however, the best part about being in one company for long is that no matter how much you know the other person, everyone knows HR - some of them even share their grievances or apprehensions. but my question here is that the minute they say that, "we are sharing this coz you are our friend and not as HR, so please dont escalate / communicate this to anyone", makes me feel like a snitch if i do tell my senior, only with the intention of making things right for them and not for gossip. As HR, i feel that i am responsible to reduce and gradually eradicate any issues amongst the employees. but when the employees feel that they are confiding in me for the person who i am, as an individual and not as HR...so i feel quite "torn" between the two feelings.

Please address this issue.

Regards

medha

From India, Gurgaon
medha.mathur

hi,
i think your post is extremely useful since it provided a concrete solution to the issue...will try to follow this only...i am sure it would bear only positive results...
thank you once again !
cheers !
medha

From India, Gurgaon
unusual_indu

Hi Medha
The pleasure is all mine but I would like to invite other HR professionals to continue with this discussion as we would like to know their views on the same
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Respected All
1542 views!!! and 54 replies(lets take 20 were mine) still then I think it was an overwhelming response .Thank you so much for participating in this discussion .I just hope my future posts will also continue receiving valuable feedbacks from your end.
Also I would like to add that this was my 2nd post on the community and its featuring on the Top 10 of the week(although I dont know how it is calculated) ,I am very happy :D
Thank you all for your support
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
minakshi_26aug
Hi Indrani,
As per my understanding , u said you cant mingle with others to maintain distance but if ypu mingle and practice what you [preach then not everybody but atleast many would see and follow you.
Regards,
Minakshi 8)

From India, Pune
minakshi_26aug
Hi,
Whatever policies are made they r coming from the top management ,
as eg if someone is there whom the HR person does not like still cannot impose any ristrictions on that person unless it is coming from the top or universal policy similarly she cannnot do favours according to thie whims and fancies .
She is like a MOTHER or A FATHER who has to correct her children inspite of diffrences in opinion
She or he the HR PERSON might get the recognition or the true acceptance may be after the employee leavung the organisation or HR leaving the organisation ie LATER ACCEPTANCE AND UNDERSTANDING

From India, Pune
minakshi_26aug
Hi
Its nothing wrong if such a marriage happens and the HR could make her husband uderstand the view of hr people and this can be spread from him to his other friend who are not HR.
Induction process would be faster, positive, and better
Regards,
Miankshi

From India, Pune
minakshi_26aug
Hi Indrawn, Acctualy as i understood you meant that should an HR from the company marry an employee fro other department hats why i replied thisanswe. Regards, Minakshi
From India, Pune
nphanipriya
Hi Indu,

I feel that HR is a conduit between management and other employees. This function acts as a mouth piece both to inform and implement HR related decisions of management and also to convey employee concerns to the Management. Hence maintaining distance with other employees is not required. In case HR maintain distance, then employees will not be able to tell their concerns to you.

When you need to implement some tough systems, ask a simple question, " why should this system be implemented to yourself" and only when convinced, go ahead and implement it. Remember to reason out the need for implementing this decision to the employees. Also ensure that some of the employees are involved in decision making so that they own up taken.

This can only happen when you mingle with employees. Otherwise employees will feel that you are an alien who is thrusting decisions on them.

Remember it is only when you voice the concerns of your employees and provide them effeciebnt solutions will they listen to you and take your words responsibly.

Priya

From India, Pune
unusual_indu

Respected Senior (Priya)
Thank you so much for your comments.I totally agree with you as you have rightly pointed out that there should be a"reason behind" the implementation of every plicy.I would love to mingle with the employees and listen to their concerns beacause I have been employes to take care of peoplebut the problem is whenever I try to do that the employer comes and reminds me to keep distance from the employee,may be they feel insecure that now I will start taking side of employees
The difficulty is to maintain a balance between the same.But as per the advices given by our fellow members on this post I have implemented some positive things at workplace and gained some acceptance from the employees
Keep Posting
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.