No Tags Found!

aneez.md

Hi,
It was nice to go through the views and suggestion of our members and it is so informative Keep posting guys
According to me An HR should be a person with a balanced mind with lot of patience, It is good to be the guardian of rules and regulation/policies but you should always remember that we are expected to handle people and that should be done in a very delicate way, after all we are handling emotions of other people so a wrong move might open up an array of negative feelings and would lead to attrition, so as far as possible make the transition/implementation smooth as possible, so that the employees don't feel uncomfortable about the decision and would learn to trust you
so diplomacy is the name of the game
Thanks
Aneez

From India, Madras
sateesh chandra

Hi

Good to hear your dilemma regarding HR Vs. Rest of the Organization.

Please understand HR respresents employees on one hand & the Management on the other. both set of stakholders would like to have attention from HR for their expectations. So, HR has to do a very fine balacing in managing both these stakeholders.

On the face of it, both employees & Management seem to be pulling HR in two opposite directions, hence, this confusion, which you are facing.

But you go little deeper into this aspects, they are not on the opposite sides. both have their expecations which are different, HR has a role cut out to align these sets of expecations in a manner that both feel happy. That's what is HR all about.

Instead of keeping a distance from emplyoees & feeling lonely, if you get close to them, you would be in a better position to understand their sentiments & at the same time would be in a position to explain to them what is expected of them, why sometimes their expecations, which may seem quite OK from an Individual perspective may not be reasonable from an Organizational perspective.

You also need to be close to Management so that you could understand them better & also explain employee's point of view, problems, in much better way to help employees redress their problems.

therefore, the real challenge for an HR person is get close to both stakholders, understand them , mediate between them & ensure that Organization gains.

Please note that employees are part & parcel of any organization, so if employee gains, organization gains, if organization gains, Organization gains. they are the two sides of the same coin. hence, You need to management this in totality not in parts

Hope, I have not added to your confusion.

Regards,

Sateesh

From India, Bangalore
unusual_indu

Respected Senior Thank you for your suggestion.You have not aded to my confusion :) .Every comment added to this post is making me aware of my responsibilities as an HR.
From India, Pune
Pubali

Dear Indu,
In the first place, sorry to have wrongly typed your name!
Imagine a colourful painting which looks great on a wall- but if you do not frame it and bind it properly, then after a few years the same painting fades and the rims get torned and uneven.
HR is the frame of any organisation. With its policies and rules, it gives the people/ employees a framework to work and at the sametime its responsibility is also to make the workplace betterlooking...right?
Our work lies in balancing these two requirements- and with a professional attitude and time-tested experience, am definite that you can do it in the future- no worries.
Whenever you get demotivated- just read lots and lots of books- it really helps 'cause books clarifies many doubts.
Regards,
Pubali

From India, Guwahati
unusual_indu

Respected Senior(Pubali) This time you have spelt my name correctly so its ok :) .Thank you for your suggestion.Keep posting Thanks and regards Indrani Chakraborty
From India, Pune
sbihari
Hi Indu,
I’m not from HR dept, however I can suggest you few things which you can try
1. Arrange & interact with people during Induction program
2. Try to convey a +ve message that HR dept is to help the employees & not to spy them :D
3. When interacting with managers/supervisors for conducting interviews… if possible try to communicate with other people also in the same dept
4. Try going for a lunch/tea break (But at the same time balance the things as HR have to maintain the rules & regulation also)
5. Send congratulation mails to the employees on completion of their probation period or on getting promoted etc
Hope these small things will be helpful to you… let me know your suggestions
Thanks
Sangeeta

shipra.singh
Dear Indrani I totally conform to your thoughts. Well, I wish you all the success in your future endeavors and hope that you emerge as a winner in whatever you do. All the Best!! Shipra :)
From India, New Delhi
Ramila17

Dear Ms. Indrani ,

It's really one useful topic which helps to do the right job in right time . it Was a heartfelt desire of me to discuss on this topic. Yes! I was also feeling the same what you are feeling. I have joined a mid sized Company which into Jems and Jewellery. This company into manufacturing and retailing of diamond studded jewelleries of course one of the top brands into the same industry. The importance goes to the production, sales & marketing. and the HR was just for recruitment, salary processing and Administration.

When i was hired that point of time the company itself was not able to utilise the potential of a HR professional. It was a Completely isolated zone whic was intiated, cotrolled and maintened by me.

Very true the seniors who were given their insights on the right process to interven changes. It is you the Honest , patient, courageous and proactive person to lead the friendship with all the Deprtments. Friendship ' which is in between one employee to another. this helps to give their sugestions and their ideas... of course HR is to serve the people to give them utmost jobsatisfaction.In my point of View HR is to Execute Policies which are employee and employer friendly. Absolutely Disciplinary measures should be taken against injustice and inappropriate events,objects or person. but you have to convience the mangement to be friendly for the win win situation b'coz empolyee productivity and the company's productivity goes hand in hand.

It is the platform where we ( HR) take the responsibilities to excell values and growth interms of knowledge , experience and power to empower the manpower.

every thing needs its own time to blossom to its right form... and dont worry its no more longer to reach . i dont agree with those people who leave the organisation who does nt have a scope to excel rather to utilise the platform to make them understand how HR is Usefule ...which i am continuing with and I have succeded.

some concepts like : COMPETENCY ENHANCEMENT,MOTIVATION,JOB STISFACTION,RETENTION & CORPORATE CULTURE are unavoidable for any company. which you have to present verywell and to manitain for decades...

Thanks and regards

ramila

From India, Bombay
unusual_indu

Hi Ramila
Nice to see your post.You have got the opportunity to work in an industry which is growing in leaps and bounds and will continue to do the same in near future.I would love to know more about this industry and its functions but will save my curiosity for future.
To tell yoru the truth our company is a small one and doesnt have many departments,we only have programmers designers and a finance dept,they all share a pretty harmonious relationship,only the HR is perhaps the odd one out.Most employees out here are either freshers from colleges or having 2-3 yrs experience so they really dont understand why they need an HR?.But things are rapidly changing out here. As I have started implementing some positive organisational chages for them, they have started opening up too.
Thanks to this community and its members who have given me the right advice when I needed it the most .
Keep Posting
Thanks and Regards
Indrani Chakraborty

From India, Pune
Ramila17

Dear indrani,

Organisations which has started with a motto to achive monetary excellence only, they think of cost cutting and more profit. If your company is a small one and the quality of people who are delivering which has been expected from them then they are equivalent to the qualified one. Of course experience teaches more than the books. but the combination of theory and the practice is source of excellence.

So in my point of view you need to catagorise the type of employees and the level of motivational programs they need.

it is advisable to do a campaign to collect their views regarding HR. Which will be the opportunity to take their views and ideas to excell thier professional life (with the job satisfaction which is a combination of a good work profile and the tangible benefits).Never the less you could identify their expertise and their comfort zone to work with.

never forget every manpower needs a balance between Personal and professional excellence.

have courage and try to create a balance between your employees and the company objectives.

thanks and regards

ramila

From India, Bombay
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.