svsrana

mr johri,
i had the opportunity of learning labour laws with a leading lawyer "Dr H L Kumar" of Labour law reporter fame...
i followed his teaching advisories on one single law ie CLRA and have benefitted a travel company and an airline and made a million for myself.

From India, Delhi
saswatabanerjee

I do not think this makes sense.

A refusal of an employee to accept increment is a misconduct and an insult to the management. There are better ways to take up the matter. He can always go to HR and say he expects more (larger companies have grievance cells in HR), or in a smaller company, he can go to the director / owner and say he needs to be paid more.

No social auditor or buyer is going to cancel an order of a company because some employee wants higher salary. So long as the salary is above minimum wages, the social auditor or buyer can not take an objection to the company's decision of pay scales.

Whether the person needs to be removed immediately or tolerated / accommodated is a simple function of how critical his skill sets are to the company's short term survival. In the long term, such employee needs necessarily to be removed.

Irrespective of whether people are running after money, title, etc, the conduct of this particular employee is unacceptable to any self-respecting management.

I have had such cases in the past where i felt i was not getting fair increment. I went and told the director that i deserve more, this is the industry standards and if you are not giving me what i deserve, i will look for job elsewhere. But no one but a fool or exceedingly arrogent will reject his increment.

From India, Mumbai
svsrana

saswata,
irrespective of who the employee in question, it could have been you too my dear friend..
be assured you would have been in safe hands as i would have never followed your philosphy "A refusal of an employee to accept increment is a misconduct and an insult to the management"
to me it simply means, one individual needs my attention..

From India, Delhi
svsrana

No social auditor or buyer is going to cancel an order of a company
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
the above is based on a real life experience (names withheld)
entire staff belonging to a section, some of them had 30 yrs of exp were thrown out next day...
and within 2 months, the buyer cancelled further orders..
the calculation of wage was done using scientific principles: time and motion study/ pert etc
this happened at a garment manufacturing company... this sector is notorious for non compliances...

From India, Delhi
svsrana

saswata,
am part of the first batch of CIISA - ISO 270001 from STQC....
i made 3 lacs per year by implementing C-TPAT, a supply chain standard released by US custom border patrol... comes in handy for exporters...
if u see the guidelines of CTPAT, there are just 8 points.. a kindargarten play Vs CIISA...

From India, Delhi
sachinabbot18

Dear RMN,
I hope your have not mentioned about a percentage increase per year in his appointment letter. Increments are decided on the performance of the employee and if your organisation has a PMS then he would have given feedback on his performance on the basis of which he was awarded the raise. Moreover, an employee always has the right not to acknowledge everything what is given to him/her by the management. You can talk to him what he was expecting and why was he not raised accordingly, feedback are very important in such cases. Money always has been big motivator to most humans, so handling the situation is very important. Take steps so that these things do not come up in future.
Playing a role of bridge would be important in this case. He would be hearing from consultants in coming days.
Make sure you find candidates for his replacement.
Regards
Sachin

From India, Srinagar
S.Chandrasekar

Hi,

I have gone through the entire QA on this forum. Some answers are really knowledgeable and give insight into the practices in other countries (ex: Middle-East). I strongly take at the comment of a member who said 'There is no logic why people from the Middle East partcipate in this forum'. CiteHR is an open forum visited by global members and not just restricted to Asia or India. Such dialogues are highly vicious and misleading the new comers who join this house in search of knowledge.

Being a long time member, I have noted the following general attitude here that I wish to share.

1) Senior members eagerly answer the questions in a hurry to make an impression that they have solution and what they said is supreme and final.

2) When another member gives a better or scholarly counter reply with authenticity and cited references, the mood of the former goes intolerable. This is felt in the hot and rude words expressed.

3) Sharing experiences in international arena is most welcome but seldom happens.

4) Experience could range from simple to complex and need not necessarily limit within the boundaries of our textbook or our own organisation. It is similar to 'the Blind man and Elephant'. Every answer has varied experiences and woes to share.

5) Based on the number of threads/posts answered, some members think that they will get reputation among the CiteHR members. This is just a mirage.

6) For the sake of answering and to boost the number of posts, all questions need not be answered without essence.

7) New members when asking a queston are not descriptive in expression and fall short in vocabulary and grammar. This would lead to a distorted perception and members answer differently. To suppress another answer told from a different look, members use heavy words that are not acceptable in general. The forum is not meant only for the experienced but it is a platform for the culmination of domain knowledge. Egoism and superiorty sometimes pop out.

8) New members ask questions like, 'Pls get me an offer letter format, payslip, PF break up. It's urgent'. They don't seem to search the site and have patience to explore with interest. It is as if somebody at the other end is waiting to obey the commands dutifully and spoon feed.

9) Members should follow the decorum without prejudice and enmity. They make sure that by answering high power words their business offer consultancy is protected as the 'survival of the fittest'. No doubt, this forum is a business lead generator.

10) This site is an ocean. Take much time to go deep, research and take down notes.

Regards

Chandru

From India, Madras
svsrana

Rightly echoed, chandrashekhar..
sivasankaran wasnt aware abt my work ex.
while working with Zamil i was exposed to bangladesh/ pakistan/ philipines / egypt/ uae/ saudi n we hv 3 divisons running in india too next with april cornell it was US/ canada/ afghanistan n india (delhi n tirupur)....
with HCL, it was UK n india...

From India, Delhi
skjohri1

Dear Chandra shekhar,
It will serve no purpose getting worked up on petty issues as this, as we will only be wasting our energy in finding fault. None is perfect.
One has to bear in mind that labour law and related practices are subject to the territorial jurisdiction and do not have universal application.
Regards
SK.Johri

From India, Delhi
S.Chandrasekar

Dear Mr.Johri, Haha... Well, I am just like you. I have no issues with anyone in this forum. It was my general observation on the prevailing attitude of the members. Regards Chandru
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.