Ash Mathew

For the people who said that Training in Recession period is nt a good idea – kindly go thru the below links…

Progression in recession: why training is still crucial in a slump
It's natural to think staff training and development would be the first thing cut when budgets are tight. Yet it's more important than ever
http://www.guardian.co.uk/housinghorizons/recession

Fight recession by training staff: rewards and challenges
http://changeboard.com <link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )

Infosys extends staff training period to deal with recession
http://news.in.msn.com/business/arti...mentid=1820331

Explore options, reduce hiring
<link updated to site home> ( Search On Cite | Search On Google )

It is time to tighten the belt, nurture talent
http://www.hinduonnet.com/jobs/0902/...1850060300.htm

For people who say attitude does nt matter in completion of task – one question.

Do you think that Psychometric tests / attitude tests / behavior analysis model test – is a waster of time? Good Hiring practices adopts these methods.

Technical is important – but Good Technical skills (know how skills) with the right attitude is the one that employers want. Remember – technical can be trained…attitude, is damn difficult to change.

What skills are gauged when a fresher is hired... he may know only theoretical part - but he is hired and chosen among others becos of his attitude.

I felt bad when HR ppl say that training is nt important at this point… guys – U think that Training is a waste of time so u can do it when things are in good shape, and forget it if we r in the middle of a financial crunch??? Pls think..

From India, Madras
premnathpace
It depends on the situation. If it is the normal course of time, it is the second person who has to be terminated..When the recession is on the need of the hour is perfomance. so the first person has to be terminated.
Moreover when we have the positive mindset of improving the efficiency of an individual, why cant the attitude??? Being an HR we need to identify the person's problem and sort it out...this is not a rare case, every organisation has people like this, and may have people like this in future..so identify the problem SORT it out
Regards
Prem

From India, Madras
dasp06

Option-1:
HR Manager
+ Stubborn Executive
- Teamplayer
= Unbearable work atmosphere; either of them will leave; company will incur cost on replacement
Option 2:
HR Manager
+ Team player
- Stubborn Exec.
= Work atmosphere will improe; also, Performance bound to improve.
Hence, my vote goes for option-2 above.
Prashant Das

From India, Delhi
odlearner
If the second executive is able to manage achieving 85-90% by not listening to me and ignoring what i have to say, I would reconsider my leadership style and see how it may be affecting the lower performing executive.
From India, Mumbai
Zahid Latif
Both need training and coaching. I would to suggest to retain the performer. Good performance is the result of some good strengths. To further coach and train such perfomer is better option rather than to train non-performer. To lay off the first one is better choice.
Zahid Latif

From Pakistan, Karachi
Amit Oza
Dear all
I would like to go like this
1. if three member is in team I would make two of executive part time .salary to be paid on basis of performance.
2. I will also contribute in cost cutting by offering cutting my salary to be fitted by proportion.
i.e if total ctc of team is Rs.60000.00 pm and need to cut cost by 25% it would be 45000.00 I will try to set my team ctc within 45000.00 with management.
this is time to sustain for you other and company also
Amit oza:idea:

prashantjain00
Hi,
As far as I am concerned I would prefer to lay off the person with the attitude problem , though performance also matters a lot but a person can be groomed to a great extent if s/he is very much positive in all respects.
Unless we have an attitude to work, we can't perform well.
Regards,
Prashant Jain

From India, Gurgaon
mbahr.au
I won't layoff any of them at random . i will give both of them the combined target so that they need to achieve that in one month period as a team under these conditions :-
[ first guy productivity is 55 - 65 % let say 60 in 100 & second guy productivity is 85 - 90 % let say 90 in 100 ]
There combined target would be 160 out of 200 .
Cond 1 :- If the complete target is not achieved both of them will be fired.
Cond 2 :- If the target is achieved they will rewarded with valuables.The person who performed comparatively less will have to present the valuable & gifts to his counterpart.
Company can bear one month salary of two executive at least.
Ashfaque.

From India, Madras
harry2learn
Hi
I will surly lay off the first person. In business result matters than anything else, when one individual is producing results by following proper procedure we need not involve in his activity. As you are not involving in his matters, you will not have any problem irrespective of his nature. When it comes to training what ever may be the technology you may use, "boiling stones is not possible" and more over we cant take risk at this point of time. We need to think in this dimension also.
Harry

From India, Hyderabad
Sudipta

I would prefer to layoff the second person who is stubborn and dont take instructions....As when he is not working as per your instruction what is the point of keeping such a person....Moreover performance can be improved with trainings and nurturing as well as boosting....Infact I went through exactly the same situationin my department.....
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.