No Tags Found!

Shreyas Chandak
Hi, Can anybody share what will be the agenda by HR to meet workers (Ladies specially) on a Monthly basis for the manufacturing industries (small scale). What are the points to be discussed?
(Workers are less educated)

From India, Pune
boss2966

Dear Shreyas.
Hope you are having the Sexual Harassment at workplace policy for your office. If you could have one for your your factory, then you need not to worry. Please follow the procedure and Prepare the agenda as per that.

From India, Kumbakonam
Apipaasa HR

You should keep this meeting free flowing seeking information from them- more like a round table. Aspects that you can touch on a regular basis will be on women safety , sexual harrasment, open door policy etc. In case you don't have these policies- you will need to have them.
From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shreyas,

Sexual harassment apart, there are few women issues as well. You may educate them on work-life balance, children issues, facilities provided at creche, counseling on marital problems, importance of managing finance, importance of learning English, importance of personal hygiene, health issues between 40-50 etc.

Secondly, whether men or women, the important thing at that level is whether they have understood the organisation's policies. Many times workers are blissfully unaware of what the company policies are. Use this meet as communication platform.

Thirdly, harassment by superiors or treating them shabbily. This could happen by male or female superior. You may skillfully question and find out whether some episode of "Kyuki Saans Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" is happening at workplace.

Last but not the least, give them larger picture and give them example of some senior women of your company who has risen from the ranks and attained some senior position. This is the best motivating factor. You may start some best women employee of the award. Give this award in front of this women's meet. This is also a great motivating factor.

All the best!

Dinesh V Divekar

[B]

From India, Bangalore
Shreyas Chandak
Another help i was needed regarding how can i help the workers to read and write? as some of them are not educated, though they are productive. and because of this we are unable to promote them. How can i help them to overcome this barrier?
From India, Pune
anil.arora

I second, Sir Dinesh, believe the agenda for a monthly meeting with workers must be related to work performance, developments, the issues at work noticed by department /HRD related to work, or to find out the daily work difficulties and their solutions accordingly, so that, the suitable good work atmosphere/ conditions can be created but not specially related to or by focusing any policy/work policy.
From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.