Harsh Kumar Mehta

1. Sir, as per Rule 55 of ESI (Central) Rules, 1950 an insured person if he is entitled by virtue of his contribution can maximum claim sickness benefit for 91 days in any two consecutive benefit periods. Therefore, there is no problem in case the sickness falls under 2 consecutive benefit periods. In sickness cases a ceiling of 91 days is observed. If the sickness is from 1st December, the benefit will be stopped after the employee will be paid 91 days benefit. This is also kept in view whether during the earlier benefit period prior to 1st December, whether the said insured person has obtained any such sickness benefit. If so, the benefit days will be reduced accordingly.
2. Further, there are separate ceilings of maximum benefits in respect of maternity benefit, long term diseases cases (ESB) and I think, in respect of accident cases there is no ceiling of benefit days and as soon as the insured person is declared fit by competent authority/doctor, the payment of such benefits are stopped.
3. All such type of calculations are done at the level of Branch Office Manager of ESIC to which the insured person is attached.

From India, Noida
amruta-suvarna
Hi ! Please let me know under ESI benifit for whom all family members can be added as an dependent. Regards Amrutha
From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

If your question is whether all family members can be added as dependents for getting ESi benefits, then I would say that in addition to your family members (family members will include only spouse and children) you can add only father and mother provided they are dependents. Your mother and father will be treated as dependents if their monthly income does not exceed Rs 5000. In case mother and father are not alive but you have a brother and or sister, then you can add them if they are not employed and are dependent on your income.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.