View Poll Results: Is it fine if Husband & Wife work in the same organisation for a good relationship?
YES 9 52.94%
NO 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

training officer
This type of situvation is very comen in any organisation as both of wife and husbend working with in the same company. first should check whether they do have a strong relationship or not....and check with him why he felt like that ....the husband and wife should sit together and discuss this issue...none can help them..unless until he gets some thing doubtful about some incident he will not behave like that ....probably the women knowingly or unknowingly shown some interest in some body.or somebody misguided him....it is better inquire with their close friend and find out what is going on and them too.
From India, Hyderabad
satyasharada

Dear Friend
An old oriya saying says....it is foolish to get into the tiff of a Hubby n Wife. I hope, you know what I am saying. Do not counsel on those issues. If they are just married/ or yound couple, it may be basically jealosy or possesiveness on the part of the Hubby.....which is good, if it is in limits. The Lady may be advised to talk to her Hubby as to what exactly is bugging. They are the best counsellors to each other. Involving in their relation is counter productive.

From India, Chennai
prasadraskar
Hi Kamal,
Is that husband is ready to avoid interaction with woman colleagues.. Then why he is expecting that from his wife.. He have to believe on her..
In this world there are so many relations other than what that husband is thinking.. Dirty mind..
Is it..??

From India, Mumbai
Purple haze
Dear Mr.Amrohi,
Apparently the issue seems to be a professional one but at the bottom it is very much personal & if you do not counsel the gentleman keeping in mind the personal areas you may lose out on a valuable resource (if you consider him one ).
The gentleman I feel is suffering from some kind of insecurity.Please try to find out what exactly is bugging him. He needs an analyst-cum- therapist to take him out of this. I hope you remember the movie " Abhimaan".
Just by talking to the gentleman would not do, you need to talk to the lady also. I am a qualified psychoanalyst & therapist. If you need any help please feel free to seek help.
Dr. Srabani Basu

From India, Calcutta
kkmishra009

Dear Kamal
Sorry to know the management decision
In this case and HR has only three ways to handle this situation:
1. Request to management of transfer in nearby branch or outlet any one of them. (If applicable)
2. Retain the Male candidate. As if you gonna retain Female candidate as key performer, This may results in their personnel life disturbance which will effect in their professional life.
3. Straight away call both of them and after telling the management decision, let them decide who will quit. (May this step will force them to rethink on their behaviour in office (for next three months - max up to 1 year) during this period HR should create a back up of female candidate or less performer or for both)
Hope the issue will be resolve soon
Kauhsal Mishra
New Delhi

From India, New Delhi
kamal_amrohi
Dear all,
Thanks for your positive response.
Well,the summary of all these threads:
1.Counselling
2.Shifting
3.File a case
No one has come up with some practical examples from their companies.
This is a very common issue & I think this site is having young HR's.
If I refer a book I can get these type of suggestions.
Regards,
Kamal amrohi

From India, Pune
suraj_victor
no body can help them if problem is solved in company than it has already created gap between them. only they both can help themselfs . For there personal life ---------------- mistake is done from both side........................one has to quit......----------------
From India, Patiala
kkmishra009

Dear Kamal

If you read carefully the Raj's comment (Super Moderator - take action against employees who are the cause of this situation , which will satisfy the couple and give lesson to them) you will get the solution. As management already decided to fire one of them, the way to handle the situation is already given in previous comments.

The only thing left is to take action , which is possible only by you, we can only suggest you, but the action should be taken as per situation, which is only clear to you.

So, think carefully before taking decision and update us if possible for close the matter as many members are involved and valued suggestions came up in senerio..

Last suggestion which is based on practical life:

Try to convince the management to wait for some time and try to attract employees mind on another topic by conducting new event or through the new notices, simultaneously mentor the couple that they should not bother for these type of situations, it will be forgotten soon by every one as soon as time will pass and try to punish the employees who started this...

Regards

Kaushal Mishra

New Delhi...

From India, New Delhi
anil.arora

First I would suggest you to change the job whether you do or your wife...I dont think the Husbdn and wise should work in a same organization. There are many reason to say that or you can understand the same as you are experiencing this na..You cant ignore this truth
From India, Gurgaon
rajrm

Dear Kamal Amrohi,
It is quite likely that the origin of this problem is likely to be home and the spill over is seen in the office
As Rajeshkannan suggested, an effective counselor who reflects empathy could get into the dynamics and facilitate both see the problem in order to handle the issues...unless the husband is highly clinically suspicious...
Rajrm

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.