No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

seema singh
Questions:

1. What happens if grass-cutters get more than gas cutters?

2. Evaluate the pros and cons of the approach of both the management and union in this incident?

3. List the lesion learnt. Suggest a way out of the problem on hand?

1) The pay has to be related to productivity i.e., the contribution that an employee makes to the value added for the organization. Now, if this present situation is allowed to carry on, the technical staff will revert to methods like slow-down to vent out their feelings. Ultimately, it may happen that management has to increase their salary as well. Hence, no gain is happening in the end for management - what they gained from grass cutters promise is lost to gas cutter under pressure.

2) Due to this ignorance on management part, unions are now divided. Managing one union is easier than two.

3) lesson learnt: keep the economics of labor relation in mind while negotiating - how should we divide the pie depends not only strength of members, but also on how their contribution is and how their competencies are valued. The supply and demand factors would come in picuture.

These are the common sense implications. I am not an expert in IR though.

:D

From India, Lucknow
preetk

Hi Seema, Good Try. If you could be lil bit more precise, it would have been better. Preet
From India, Bangalore
seema singh
Hi Preet, I am more of an "overview" person. Specifics cannot be given as I am not experienced in this area. Maybe other senior persons/ experts can enlighten us. thanks seema
From India, Lucknow
preetk

Hi Seema, Don’t get disheartened. We also don’t know many things. We should try our best to answer, and it will give more knowledge to enhance. Nothing wrong in your answer. Preet
From India, Bangalore
raajz_johnny

Dear Sangeetha
Greetings!
Answer:
Go for Collective bargaining: Where trade unions are able to operate openly and are recognized by employers, they may negotiate with employers over wages and working conditions....
Rgds,
John N

From India, Madras
seema singh
hi john,
yes - this is a good option. CB can put trust back in both sides.
Also, one can look at performance appraisal based on productivity and competency. That should make the process more transparent and fair to all involved.
thanks
:!:

From India, Lucknow
preetk

Hi all, Anymore answers? Sangeetha you can announce the answer and the winner by 12 PM today. Preet
From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi Revathi, You can’t vote as it was fixed on time bound, and the time limit was closed long back. Preet
From India, Bangalore
sangeeta_suri1974

Hi all
Only Seema has given reply to all of the questions and John has just given the reference. So, I think Seema should be the winner.
what is view point lavanya & preet.
If Seema is winner then she can post question.
Sangeeta

From India, New Delhi
seema singh
Hi Sangeeta,
thanks for annoncing me the winner. However would like to know your perspective also on the problem given.
My question is:
How does an HR manager decide on the Expatriate Compensation?
What factors would she take into consideration while designing a good pay package for this category of employees?

Thanks
seema

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.