No Tags Found!

Nathalie Rasami
I'm Nathalie, and I am extending a warm greeting to each of you. As a newcomer into the community, I seek your invaluable insights on a pertinent matter. In our relentless pursuit of encouraging diversity within our ranks, our organization has embarked on a global recruitment drive for full remote positions. Presently, we are keen to harness talent from the African continent as full-time employees, not contractors. However, our deliberations have led us to a crucial question: Are we legally obligated, in accordance with local labor laws, to establish a legal entity in each country from which we intend to hire? Your expertise on this subject is invaluable and would be greatly appreciated.
From Mauritius, Vacoas
Nathanielle Muller
Hello Nathalie, welcome to the community. That’s great to hear your company is looking to improve its team diversity. I believe working with colleagues coming from different backgrounds, countries and cultures can bring tremendous value to your organization. Kudos for this 👏

To answer your question directly: NO! You do not need to have a local entity in the talent’s country to legally hire them as ‘employees’

Don’t get me wrong - you do need to stay fully compliant with the talent’s local labor laws, but you have no obligation to set up a subsidiary in the country, which can be costly and time consuming.

One common workaround is using an employer of record service provider. These companies take away the complexity of foreign laws and endorse the compliance responsibility on your behalf.

If you are looking to hire in Africa, I would advise you to look for an EOR company with a track record of delivering compliant hiring solutions. My current employer uses the services from Breedj (www.breedj.com). We have been using them for almost 2 years now, and the process has always been flawless.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions

From Mauritius, Vacoas
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.