No Tags Found!

abhirami-k-v
We introduced an attendance app for our employees in that geofencing is enabled. So the marketing guys are asking whether they finish the work at 4 p.m., and again, they need to go to a meeting after 7. In my company, overtime is given only to the project team who work onsite, not to anyone else. So the marketing team is raising their concern regarding this because they are also working overtime. So I need an answer to give them as an HR. What can it be?
From India, Bengaluru
nanu1953

As the working time for Marketing team is highly flexible , it is difficult to calculate OT. My suggestion is fixed some amount who will work beyond working hours keeping some co-relation with OT but called it as Extra Payment / Incentive.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, HOWRAH )
CEO-USD HR Solutions
+91 98310 81531
skb@usdhrs.in

From India, New Delhi
Madhu.T.K

Overtime applies to workers working within the factory or establishment. It can be extended to onsite projects but no way it can be given to other employees whose nature of work involves travelling. Even the Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act (though it is meant for medical or pharma sales and other limited industries as added later on) is silent in respect of hours of work and overtime. In R Ananthan Vs Avery India Ltd, Madras and Addl. Labour Court, Madras [1972 (42) FJR 304(Mad.HC)], (1973) ILLJ 166 Mad), it was decided that any work done outside the factory or establishment will not attract overtime wages.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.