No Tags Found!

V. Balaji

Dear sirs,

I disagree with the point that we should give chance to him if he is performing well. It is question of attitude more than the aptitude.

Secondly, the poster of the mail conveyed that he is senior man. Don't we think that the seniors must behave and prove himself as an exemplary person and trend setter. If one senior behaves like this, in what manner his subordinates can be expected to behave?

If management takes a stance that "if he performs good, leave him and if he does not perform, fire him" - it would be totally biased. This attitude of management is nothing but favouritism.

It is a matter of attitudinal problem. There is no point in talking about the reasons behind "why this person is behaving in this fashion", etc. What is the guarantee you have that he will not behave in your company (new company) by faking some other documents? He can fake bank gurantee, he can fake cheque leaves, he can fake authorization letter and what not. Still he might posess extraordinary knowledge and a star performer.

It is matter of whether you are (as management) for or against this attitude? If yes, you apply the logic to everyone irrespective of their performance; If no, fire irrespective of the position (of course following certain procedures).

Balaji

From India, Madras
sambasi

Hi Monu,
I would suggest the following:-
  • First Generate a circular that the company is conducting background checking of all employees with their previous employers and references given in their application
  • The circular muat state that if any employee had any reservation, they must intimate in writing their concern within one week; otherwise it would be presumed that the employee had no reservation in backgroung checking
  • Let the circular be signed by the MD
  • Wait for the responses and call all concerned employees, (who had some concern) one by one and talk to them. Ask them what alternate they would suggest to authenticate their previous employment. Inform them that the authecation would be done by you. Also tell the employee that any false authentication would liable for legal action.

This type of circular will start the ball rolling. After speaking to employees, you can decide further course of action
K.Sambasivam

From India, Madras
shreyas_dave2001
Dear Monu,

First of all I want to congratulate you for implementing Reference check procedure in the organization...I was recently watching one programme on CNBC, wherein there were revealing the result of the survey conducted for Indian Corporates.. It was found that 75 % of the resumes which IT company receives contains the details of such projects on which candidates have not either worked or may be not directly involved..

As the person is at senior level and he has provided false information means there is a question mark on his integrity. Especially, when he can utilize your company letter head, according to me the only option left out is nothing but to kick him out from the organization. THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND MAY LOOK HARSH TO SOME OF MY SENIOR COLLEAGUES, BUT THIS IS BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE OF WORKING WITH ONE OF THE LEADING FINANCE COMPANY HAVING ALL INDIA PRESENCE, WHEREIN WE WERE NOT TOLERATING SUCH KIND OF UNETHICAL BEHAVIOUR OF NEWS ENTRANT.

Secondly, as you have mentioned in your earlier discussion. I suggest to make your MD aware about the fact.. as soon as possible...

Warm Regards.

Shreyas Dave

Muscat

Cite Contribution

Greetings,
Perfect flow of actions shared by Mr. K.Sambasivam! Just one more addendum, if this announcement is been notified as a circular , then its important to put it on the notice board and intranet.
Regards,
(Cite Contribution)

From India, Mumbai
sambasi

Hi (Cite Contribution),
Thanks for your value addition.
Besides displaying in notice board / intra-net, the circular may individually be addressed and sent to every employee.
Thanks once again
K.Sambasivam,

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.