korgaonkar k a

Dear M S Manoj,

Excellent discussion by all the learned members on your thread. Thanks to them.

It seems to me, your management is mishandling the situation. Of course handling such situation is a skill and HR has to play major role in it.

HR has to play its role not by standing near the machines to find out what is happening. HR has to invite the statistics and complaints from plant supervisory level on Go-Slow. Mind well, Go-Slow tactic by employees is very difficult to prove even with statistics and complaints from plant level. HR has to highlight on this statistics and complaints in front of erring employees and union too. HR has to highlight the incidences of employees which attributed to dropping down the production level. HR has to display various notices mentioning all this statistics, complaints and incidences of employees which attributed to dropping down the production level advising the employees to bring normalcy in the production level and bring conducive atmosphere for healthy Industrial Relation. All such notices should be forwarded to Labour Commissionate office. This may help the company in conciliation and in labour court in future.

At times the HR has to take disciplinary actions against some of the erring employees. Play the divide and rule policy but to be fare and firm with maintaining balance.

Handling IR is a skill which I find the new generation of HR is lagging behind, perhaps according to them this is not their job. I am very sorry to say it.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.