I have completed 8 years of service in my current organization, and I resigned now from the current organization for switching job at a new company.
However, my notice period here is 90 days but I don't want to serve a full notice period (as I want to join a new company in 30-40 days)..
If my current organization doesn't release me and if I forced to leave the current organization, will I get my gratuity for 8 years?

I understand they will abscond me and will not give me an experience letter, but i just want to know whether they will hold my Gratuity amount.
Thank you.

From India, Mumbai
Sr.manager - Hr&admin
Labour Laws & Ir.


You can talk to your Reporting Manager or management for same and smoothly try to convince them because you have to done Clearance process. Rest if you will not serve/complete your notice period then employer will be deduct NP recovery from your salary.
if you are unable to serve the notice period, then you can buy out notice period by paying the equivalent amount of your salary for the days that you are not working during the notice period.

#You are eligible for Gratuity Benefit and you will also get gratuity benefit.

#There's nothing to worry put your problems transparently at management you will get positive response!


Hi, While employer is bound to pay Gratuity even if you abscond... Why not you can try and complete notice period?
From India, Madras

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server