Karan V
How can I death claim for Gratuity if I don’t have a proof in written?
From India, Delhi


The nominee of the deceased employee has to apply for Gratuity with the Employer with proof that he/she is the nominee.

Employer if covered under Group Gratuity scheme can make payment through LIC or where ever covered. If not it is the responsibility of the Employer to release the Gratuity payment.

From India, Madras

If the poster is the nominee, he can approach the employer with necessary proof for identification and claim the gratuity amount for the deceased employee.

In the absence of nomination, he has to make the claim with legal heir certificate issued by the Revenue Department. In case of multiplicity of claims by more than one legal heir, the employer will deposit the amount with the Controlling Authority under the PGA, 1972 for disbursement after enquiry.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.