what is the procedure to make gratuity to deceased employee if he have two wife
From India, Madras
Head- Hr& Admin
Manager Hr
Management Consultancy

Dear Sir, You can give the payment based on legal heir certificate or you can deposit the amount to labour office. They will handle and pay to concerned person. Thanks.
From India, undefined

The Payment of Gratuity Act 1972 is a complete code in itself and empowers the Controlling Authority under the Act to be the authority to decide the question as to who is to receive the gratuity. The Act enjoins the establishment to pay gratuity to the nominee when the employee is no more. In this case if there is a nominee, you can deposit the gratuity amount with the Controlling Authority giving the details of the nominee and the family. You can also mention the rival claim received from the second wife.
It may not be advisable to wait for the succession certificate as the process takes time, and the employer is liable to pay interest @10 % for the delay in payment beyond a month, in case it is challenged.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server