Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Management Consultancy
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Sir, I 'm from Odisha, & worked for a Partnership LLP firm from August 2019 to July 1 2020, without notice, they phoned me & told not work from today, can I file a case in labor court. What can be the legal action - please some suggestions?

Hi, Please refer the appointment order, there should be notice period and termination clause. Pls write a genuine mail demanding notice pay or compendation for 3 months due to covid pandemic from your employer. If your management will not be responding properly then you can file a case.

From India, Coimbatore
As you have completed more than 240 days service, you cannot be terminated just like that. So please issue a letter seeking reinstatement in service and mark a copy thereof to the local Labour Inspector.
From India, Mumbai
If you are a workman falling under the IDA,1947, your oral termination by the employer without complying with the provisions of sec.25-F is illegal. Only place of work decides jurisdiction for raising disputes under the IDA,1947. Therefore raise a dispute u/s 2-A(1) of the IDA,1947 before the Labor Officer/Conciliation Officer for the area where you worked last.
From India, Salem
So many thanks for your suggestion

Sir, I have already filed a case but case is pending & verification is going on.

Sir, is a transporting partnership LLp with more than 2000 labour & employee falling under IDA 1947, what are legal provision & rules can you suggest me.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™