Industrial Relations And Labour Laws

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Sirs, Could you please tell me how to provide the salary breakup (Kerala Shops and Establishment Act) in Basic, DA, HRA and Other Allowances. Is these calculated on % on gross salary to give all these breakups? if so how much % for
Thanks and Regards

From India, Ernakulam
Why should you require a break up? If you have decided to pay a salary of Rs 15000 to an employee,that is the salary? If he takes a leave without salary for a day, it will be 15000 divided by 30 or Rs 500 which is going to be deducted from his salary for that month. Or is it that you will pay the allowances like HRA in full and deduct the LOP from Basic salary only?
There is a minimum wages notified for shops and commercial establishments in Kerala. The same contains a basic salary and a dearness allowance (DA) variable according to changes in the consumer price index (CPI). Similarly there can be an amount, say Rs 200 towards city compensatory allowance which is to be paid to employees working in municipal areas and corporations. Other than this whatever component you give is upto you. But while structuring the salary, you should make fixed component and variable component and decide on such allowances which are variable and fixed. Then only a proper salary structure can be obtained. The system of deciding the total salary first and breaking it into small pieces like basic,HRA, conveyance, special allowance etc is sheer foolishness.

From India, Kannur
Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™