Dear All, My name is Rahul & I'm from Indore (M.P.). I had completed 4 years & 7 Months with my current organization. Now I'm looking for Job Change.
So if I'll leave my current employer so are they liable to pay me gratuity or not.
Please Help.

From India
Labour Laws & Ir
Retired Government Servant/advocate
Sr.manager - Hr&admin

For this span of service you will not be entitled to have gratuity from this current employer under the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972. R N KHOLA
From India, Delhi
Hi, Now that you have completed 4.7 years please be patient for another 5 months so as to get eligible for Gratuity and then you may look for a change.
From India, Madras
Dear Member,
You are eligible for gratuity depends upon the working days of your company. If your company is working for six days a week, then you should complete four years and eight months to get Gratuity. At the same time your company is working for five days a week, you have to complete four years and six months is enough to get Gratuity. Hope this is clear to understand.
P Karunakaran

From India, Chennai
It is ideal that you should try to complete 5 years. Yes, there are decisions of Kerala and Madras High Courts to the effect that completion of 240 days of service in the fifth year makes the employee eligible. However, the decisions are binding only in those States.
Of course, these decisions are of persuasive value and other High Courts as well the Supreme Court may follow and uphold the ratio if the matter could be escalated to that level.

From India, Kochi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server