Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I am working as a HR in an organisation But my boss has not a turn of phrase to the employees. He use very abusive words and I feel very Bad why we can't say anything on his face because he is boss. I just want to ask is there any law or way to say to him that his behaviour is not appropriate.
thanks and plz help me out.

From India, Bagpat
Laws are plenty to handle the case.
Starting from filing police complaint for use of abusive words.
But going on practical method, show indirect resentment by polite objection to such words.
If he addresses anyone in rude or abusive way, person concerned needs to pretend he has not heard and ignore his words.
If repeated, tell him ok Sir you were telling me something.
One will have to be diplomatic and smart to convey things and unhappiness about language which is disrespectful.
It is better to convey things when he is in happy mood but do not lump such abuses.
He is employer not your Supreme master or dictator who can do what he wants.

From India, Pune
Dear Jyoti
May explore
1) Make an official complaint to his superior or the top most in the company- mentioning that the behaviour of your boss is obnoxious and in violation of general conduct rules- it causes mental trauma and stress to you and creates a intimidating and hostile environment.
2) I m sure some of these abusive words would be with sexual remarks/connotation. You can very well file a complaint under Prevention of Sexual harassment at work place act.
Shailesh Parikh
99 98 97 10 65

From India, Mumbai
Hello Jyoti,
First you clear one thing and take assurance from employees before taking any action against him, as may be just because of loss of job or fear, they step backwards in front of police or any other authorised person. But being an HR person you have the right to speak with him and share your concern in a polite and official way if things do not go fine then go for other steps. If he is abusing you then you can have full right to speak against him and take any action, but for other should get surety.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™