Dear All,
I want to know if the Half Yearly Return under Contract Labour Act in Maharashtra is applicable? I got to know that Half Yearly Return is now abolished and only Yearly submission is there.
If the Half Yearly Return is abolished, is there any notification or circular of the same?
Sumit Mukherjee
Manager - Compliance
CoAchieve Solutions Pvt Ltd
(A Quess Corp Limited Company)

From India, Pune
Nagarkar Vinayak L

HR and Employee Relations Consultant
Dear Colleague, Yes, it has been deleted. Regards, Vinayak Nagarkar HR-Consultant
From India, Mumbai
Pan Singh Dangwal

Joint Manager
Dear Mr Sumit,
The Half Yearly Labour Return under Contract Labour Act was applicable in two forms
1) CL (R&A) Act, 1970 & (Contract in establishment which comes under state govt jurisdiction (either govt or private establishment).
2) CL (R&A) Central Rules, 1971, Central Rules (Contract in establishment which comes under Central govt jurisdiction (either govt or private establishment).
The Forms, documents and Returns are same under CL (R&A) Act, 1970 but in Central Rules 1971 Act, Form XXIV (Return by the contractor) and and Form XXV (Annual Return by the PE) have been omitted vide notification dated 27th Dec. 2017.
However, where CL (R&A) Central Rules, 1971 is applicable we need to file a Unified Annual Return online on the Shram Suvidha Portal of the Central Govt.
Please find attached the Notification for your ready reference.

From India, Delhi

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CL Central Rule, 1971-Notification-04-Unified Return on Shram Suvidha Portal-29.12.17.pdf (1.56 MB, 467 views)

The Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970 and Maharashtra Rules 1971 deleted the Contractor Half yearly Return Provision dt. on. 26.02.2001
From India, Pune
Can anyone please share the notification copy which state that CLRA Half Yearly Return is Omitted/ Deleted /Not applicable for contractors.
Because many consultants are not aware with this amendment.
Vikas Burte
Human Resources & Compliance

From India, New Delhi
Pan Singh Dangwal

Joint Manager
Dear Member,
The Half Yearly Return has not omitted / deleted under the Act. I have just filled many returns under the Act, even for my Delhi units as well.
However, under the Central Rules, 1971 various returns have been merged. Now you need to file annual Return (for Edning Dec. every year) in Shram Suvidha Portal. Detail of the same has been provided in my above article.
Hope the above will clear the doubts. Seniors can throw more light or correct me if I am wrong.

From India, Delhi
This discussion thread is old and is closed for new comments. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post a new thread. Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™