Hi, I have resigned from my job without serving the notice period and my employer marked my resignation as 'Not accepted' and is now asking me to resume my job asap.
I resigned because of these 2 reasons.
1) Relocation of job with just 2-3 days verbal notice from Noida to faridabad
(I worked from fadridabad office for a month):
a)Travel time increased to 3+ hours daily .
b)No transportaion provided.
c)Increased travel expenses.
d)Safety concern as shift was from 12 to 9 PM which was very late to travel from Faridabad to
e)My health situation was impacted and detoriated.
I raised these concerns in email to HR but no attention was given this and were forced to come to Faridabad office with threatening to terminate (verbal)
2) My health: I had to take leaves from the organization because my health was detoriating.
a)I was diagnosed with kidney stone and despite pain I was made to travel daily .
b)I was going in to depression because of too much work pressure.
c)I underwent operation for kidney stone which was very painful.
d)with Doctors advice I am on rest was advised not to take stress.
Finally ,after 3 weeks of leave, I resigned because I needed time to recover and there were pressure coming from organization to join ASAP. I have already submitted all my medical documents for the treatment/operation I have taken .

Why I need legal advise :
1. I dont want to resume work with the company.
2. Dont want to serve or pay for the notice period .(2 months notice as per employment agreement).
3. Employer has a track record where they don't even pay for the notice period you serve or provide any relieving letter.
There are many such reviews given by the former employees of the organization on website -

From United States, Elk Grove Village
Rahul Chhabra

Dear Anony,
Between any employer and employee, appointment terms act as a binding agreement. If as per your appointment terms, either you or your employer can terminate the employment with a notice or pay in lieu of; then you have to serve a notice or pay for it. The other way is to have a mutual agreement with the employer and request for a notice waiver.
Considering all you mentioned, i suggest you assertively talk to the management and sort things out rather than getting into a conflict.
Rahul Chhabra

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.