No Tags Found!

rk2022
I have done 2 jobs till now :

One was in a PSU and another one was in a private sector finance firm.
In the first job I did not like the work culture and left after giving resignation. But during last few days, there was altercation with seniors as well. I was not issued any memo or chargesheet for my behaviour. But I am not sure if that was recorded in my personal file or not.

Now, in the second job, I resigned after 1 year but my performance was poor. Here, I did not get any written warning for my poor performance but my seniors were clearly not happy with it. They even told me verbally a few times. My relieving letter doesn't mention anything related to performance. It says that I have left job on my own.

Now, I am going to join a government job, where I have to mention my past jobs history. Most likely they will cross check my past character in these jobs as well. I am really worried about the feedback that they will receive. Do the past employers give bad character remark in India even though it is not mentioned on the relieving letter ?

From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

In government jobs, the verification is not done by any private HR agencies doing background verification but by the Police. Unlike private companies, the verification for government service will not involve any 'performance issue' verification. The Police verification will not cover any 'performance issues' in your private establishments but only criminal background of the candidate will be tested. Your service records of the private establishment is just like piece of papers when you get a government service job. However, if a service in the Pubic Service Unit is considered as an experience for any weightage for salary or increment, then the will be checked.
From India, Kannur
rk2022
Ok.. Sure but they could ask about my behaviour and character. Also employment verification will be also done by police? I think they can directly write to the HR of past organizations. They can still give bad remark.
From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

No, never, they will come to your locality and just ask a few about you, and it will be a casual enquiry. When your experience with a private organisation is not at all relevant for your selection to a government occupation, the conduct certificate issued or comments made by the private company is of no value.
From India, Kannur
rk2022
and what about the conduct certificate from PSU ? It is a government entity.
From India, Patna
Madhu.T.K

As already stated in my first reply, the same would be considered if for the appointment in government service, the same is considered either for service weightage or pay increment (increment to basic pay at the initial stage of fixation itself). If the reason for leaving or ending the contract of employment with that PSU has been dismissal from service as a punishment followed by an enquiry, then it would be a problem. Suppose that the application to the government service was sent through the PSU before your charge sheet was issued or enquiry started, then there will not be any negative remarks about the enquiry but if it was sent after the start of enquiry, then it would be construed that the same would have been mentioned in the forward note itself. You have said that you were not charge sheeted for the misconduct nor any remarks available in the service records also. As such, there is no relevance for 'misconduct'. Even if some verification has been made, in the absence of any records, the same will not get reported. If reported at this point of time, the finger will be turned to the head of that PSU only, and he would be answerable for relieving you without conducting an enquiry in to the incident that happened in the office.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.