1.An NRI worked in India for 5 years in the top management (MD) and got salary in US$.
2.PF account maintained in India under IW category
3.Now the management refuses to pay his Gratuity
4.To whom we have to approach for this?
Your advise will help to proceed further.
2nd July 2018 From India, Chennai
Dear Marlevin,
Employee's last workplace determines the jurisdiction for his statutory claim. Under the Payment of Gratuity Act,1972, the Controlling Authority is the original authority to entertain and dispose of the claims relating to gratuity under the Act. Probably, the individual, being the M.D, would have worked at the Corporate Office of the company. Therefore, the C.A must be the Labor Department Official for the area in which the Corporate Office is situated. Better engage an advocate who would properly do all the spade work relating to the claim and conduct the case before the authority.
2nd July 2018 From India, Salem
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™