Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Insolvency N Gst Professional
Software Developer

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
While background verification from my current organization, last organization given feedback that I was absconded. I have Relieving letter, my last FNF cheque.
I have inquired with last company and they told me that We have given the details after verifying all details.
Can you please suggest what should I do?

From India, Noida
Dear Arjun,
Unless you give a frank narration about your termination from the previous organization, it would not be possible to present a fair comment and a proper suggestion. No organization would give such a negative feed back about an ex-employee contrary to the facts of termination. It is possible that there could have been some dispute about notice conditions and you would have simply walked out after submitting your resignation and they would have declared you as an absconder or unauthorized absentee and finally the issue would have been settled amicably. Here, I'd like to quote Sir Otto Kahn Freund, the famous Labor Lawyer -
" The relation between an employer and an isolated employee or worker is typically a relation between a

From India, Salem
Did you actually abscond?
What does your relieving letter say?
If your exit was normal w/o rancour then company would not give such reports.
You need to clarify to your current employer about factual status.

From India, Pune
Dear Arjun,
Already our senior collegues gave their best opinion on the basis of your information available in posting.
An earnest seeker always provide complete details to the person from whom he wants a solution.
One thing I can suggest you to send a lawyer notice to your past employer for their wrong information for which your life is going to shatter. You consult a good lawyer with all documents for the remedy, if you think that everything is in track and reverse to the opinion of past employer.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Friend,
If you have incontrovertible documentary evidence in your possession which can prove beyond doubt that you are absolutely correct & your past employer is wrong, without any iota of doubt, then challenge this in the court of law. Get in touch with a good advocate who handles these type of matters, sue the company for heavy damages & compensation for loss of reputation, mental agony caused & loss of job/s.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant

From India, Thane
Dear Arjun,
One does not get confident impression from your post that you have not absconded and yet the company in question has given false background feedbac
Giving one-sided or misleading information and seeking advice smacks of bad intentions
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™