What should a terminated employee do for PF transfer? - CiteHR
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager
Hr Consultant
+2 Others

Prime Sponsor - FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Hello, I was working with one of the IT company for more than 4.5 years, and left the company without amicable separation.
I resigned in the system in NOV16 and asked for early release (DEC 16) with the condition of paying for shortfall of notice (as per my joining letter clause). The request was not approved by HR and i had to leave the company without serving the notice period. I served 1 month notice out of 3 months, and mentioned everyone that i wont be able to continue after certain date. After that, as per the absconding procedure there were multiple communications from the company to join back or face the termination to which i explained my situation and offered to pay the shortfall. Now, in JULY17 i received 'termination letter' from the company stating my last day in the company was taken as 11JUL17.
I joined new company in DEC 16 and my PF was getting deducted from the same month.
- Now that i want to apply for my PF Transfer from my previous company to the new one, will there be any hurdles?
- My Joining date in new company is 19DEC16 while my previous company records my last date will be 11JUL17. will this cause any issues?
- I have also applied for Gratuity, will there be any issue?
Any expert please guide.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Vikas,
Please download EPF Pass Book to know the status of PF Remittance.Further you have joined new Company from Dec-2016 from which date EPF Remittance is UAN based.have you shared your previous UAN with your New Employer/
You can opt for PF Trnasfer-Online/Offline as the case may be by logging to your UAN Member Portal
you have not furnished your actual Date of Joining?consequently, it is not possible to decide about your Gratuity eligibility.Further in the 5th year of your service, you might not have worked for 240 days.
December-2016 to July 2017 your name was in the Muster Roll of your previous Employe.But you have not worked, consequently, this will not be taken in to consideration for Gratuity
Hi Srinath Sai Ram,
Thanks for reply.
I tried passbook option but get error as "Passbook not available to this Member-id as this pertain to exempted establishment (i.e. Trust).Requested to contact your employer"
To be precise, i worked in the first company from 13/03/2012 till 16/12/2016 (4 year 8 months ) Also, I had 9 days of leave balance when I left.
I also shared my UAN with new employer and new employer is depositing my PF in the same account.
I am still not sure if my old employer will co-operate in transfer or not.
trust fund epf is governed by the trust managed by the employer, you have to proceed through them only
Dear Vikas, your PF Contribution is with The Trustees of your Company Managed Trust.You have to contact them for your EPF Balance Statement.You have to submit Manual Transfer Form duly signed by your present Employer to Trustees.
Similarly for Transfer of your EPS Contributions lying in PF Office attached to your previous Employer, Again you have to Submit PF Transfer Form
13 duly signed by your Previous Employer to Trustees of your previous Company.You can apply for PF Transfer, no issues
Similarly, your total service for Gratuity from 13/03/2012 to 16/12/2016 is precisely 4 Years, 9 Months & 4 Days.You can also submit your Gratuity claim by mentioning Original date of leaving i.e 11/07/2017
The Employer may adjust amount due to you towards shortfall in Notice period
Hi Srinath Sai Ram,
Thanks again for reply.
I am using form13-PF transfer, however the only issue now i have is:
I joined new org on 19DEC16, but date of leaving as per old company is 11JUL17. I am still not sure if I put 16 dec16 as last date or 11JUL17 in the Date of leaving section of the form.
I understood from my previous PF statement till MAR17 that, my PF was not deducted from DEC16 till MAR and hence forth.
Pls guide. Thanks in advance,
Dear Vikas, you can mention your Original Date of leaving as per the Termination Order, instead of mentioning the date of abandonment of your Employment i.e Dec-2016.Go as per records available with you
Did you fill up PF Form 11 (Revised) in your new organisation? If you have done so, the process of transfer should have begun.
The EPFO had always allowed fund transfers. But it was time consuming and cumbersome since an employee had to get a Form 13 signed by his ex-employer and submit to the present employer. Also the form had to be sent by post and could get lost or misplaced. There was lot of discontent among employees and therefore it explained the dormant accounts lying with EPFO.
EPFO Online:
However, things have started changing radically after EPFO launched an online, self-service portal on 2 October 2013 for online transfer of funds. For ease in transferring funds online, EPFO in July 2013, introduced a revised Form 13 . This can be submitted to either the present or to your previous employer. Earlier, the employee had to submit it only to the previous employer. But, if the present employer falls under the exempted category (that is maintains a trust), then the form can be submitted only to present employer. They have also launched a Universal Account Number that links a particular member to a particular account and facilitates its portability when the member changes employers.
Step-By-Step Guide for Online Transfer of PF Funds :
1.If you have already been assigned a Universal Account Number, you can transfer funds easily. Ask your employer for UAN, if you haven’t got it.
2.Go to the EPFO website at http://members.epfoservices.in/home.php and create your UAN based login ID.
3.This will take you to a page where you have to enter your UAN, mobile number and details of current employer like state, establishment number and account number.
4.Then you need to check if account is eligible for a transfer on the EPFO site. You need to fill in the state where the employer was located and search by name or establishment number from a dropdown menu.
5.After you have filled in the details, click on Check Eligibility.
6.The site will then let you know if your account is eligible, or not. If it is, then you can register on the EPFO website.
7.You have to submit a valid photo ID such PAN card, Aadhaar or driving licence. The website will also send a PIN to your mobile which you have to verify.
8.Submitting the PIN successfully will give you a confirmation message. Continue further.
9.This will take you to the EPFO Member Claims Portal, To log in you have to provide the document ID and phone number. After signing in, you can see all options.
10.Go to the top tabs and click on Request for transfer of account.
You can now access and fill in PF transfer form. It has three broad parts:
(a)First, you have to enter personal information in the first part. Other than your name and email you have to enter IFSC code of the bank and your salary account number.
(b)In second part, fill in details of your old PF account
(c)In part three, fill in details of current PF account.
11.The claim can be attested by your previous or current employer. It takes some time for their end to do it.
12.After the form is correctly filled in, you can click preview to see if the information is correct. Or else modify.
13.After ensuring all the information is correct, enter the captcha and get PIN. Also click “I Agree”.
14.After entering the PIN, the claim transfer is initiated.
You can also check the status of your funds transfer through the portal. In case of any hitches you may enquire at the previous/ current employer end or write to EPFO directly.
Thanks & Regars,
sumit kumar saxena
Prime Sponsor - Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™