Jitendra Kumar Singh
Dear Sir, My Ip no. is 5915574249, I want to make treatment of my family living in other state, dispensary for family is also given at given option at my permanent address.But when I go to the dispensary of esic they say that you have to put sub unit code of this state ,you are doing job in other state and sub unit code is given of that state. My company has no branch office in my state where my families lives. Now, how the problem will be solved.Please help me.
From India, Kolkata
Naveen Lakheraa
Hr Manager
Jitendra Kumar Singh
Security Supervisor
+3 Others

Use factoHR and automate your HR processes

Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.


Approach your local office & seek their guidance in the matter.
From India, Mumbai
Jitendra Kumar Singh
Dear sir,
I went to my nearest local branch and head branch but they say that we have done whatever we have to do.Now we can do nothing more in this.We have put up the dispensary name in family details.Now if they are not doing treatment and ask for sub unit code then we can't do anything more in it.Plz show me the way to solve this problem.

From India, Kolkata
Naveen lakheraa
In the state lavel you will have to consult with near ooffice ..
From India, Indore

Dear Jitendar...
first point Dispensary have no rights to ask or demand you to get sub code number...as opting any dispensary for both individual and family members is the discretionary power of Insured Person;
Second point Sub Code number is a number taken for any branch office/sales office/ admn office etc., when they are in a different location other than the main unit...now a days its so liberal that maximum of 999 number of sub codes can be taken in one state.. But in your case we cant expect employer to take several sub codes for each employees family purpose, the main purpose of sub code is not for medical purpose, its for the purpose of cash benefits of the employees who are working far away from the main unit, like sales men etc., but for getting a sub code number existing of any office is also not mandatory.
In case of any problem u r facing with the dispensary which u want to get treatment for your parents, you can explain the same at the dispensary or even u can resolve the issue by talkling to the concerned ESIC regional office by approaching the branch office (local office) concerned...Even now a days all ESIC institutions are linked with VoIP number, ie., they can contact any of the offices through out india for free of cost.... So make use of it and get your problem solved.
I wish you all the best...

From India, Hyderabad

Please highlight this problem/issue on the website - https://pgportal.gov.in/ - Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government, and your problem will be resolved. We had followed up for nearly two years for the claim settlement of two of our workers without any results, and then after going through this portal, they got their claim settled.
From India, Pune

Dear Jitendra,
The ESI is extending facilities to the members family staying in different state:
As per ESI : If the insured person's family is residing in another place in the same State or another State, how the family can avail the medical benefit? If the family is residing in any other place either in the same State or different State, based on the declaration of the insured person and certified by the employer, the family is provided with a 'family identity card' for receiving medical benefit from ESI Dispensary in the area in which it is residing. After IT rollout, the 'Family' is also issued a separate 'Pehchan card'. By producing this Pehchan card, the family can avail the medical benefit from any ESI Dispensary/ Hospital either at their place of residence or in any other part of the country.
35.How to get medical benefit when an insured person is leaving for another station for a temporary period?
Through “Pehchan Card” the employee would get medical benefit across the country in
any of the ESIC/ESIS dispensaries subject to entitlement.

From India, Mumbai

Now the days has gone of Pehchan Cards (SMART CARD)
... in that place it has introduced e-pehchan (a paper card) which can be treated as a PERMANENT CARD if ur AADHAR PARTICULARS are UPDATED.
Further now a days ESIC has introduced TWO DISPESNARY options in online, means, one can be opted for employee and another for their family members.... by using this both can get the facility including superspeciality, otherwise, eligible.
All the best..

From India, Hyderabad
Dear All, My discrepancy is Amravati (maharashtra) i want to know Sub Unit code for this
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHR®

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server