Dear Seniors/Experts,

I have joined a company in 2015, Oct. post one month i realised that company is not deducting any PF and when i have highlighted that to management/Finance they said since you as employee had to mentioned to deduct on date of joining only and that i cannot initiate the PF contribution in that year, ie i have to tell finance after completion of 2016.

now when i have reminded them to initiate my PF effective now (I haven't withdrawal my PF contribution from previous employer- its with UAN number).

now Finance/HR telling me that employees canít be enrolled into PF mid-tenure as if Date of Joining and Date of PF joining will be different, this will led to rejection of PF withdrawal in future.

also if during PF inspection they see the date of PF is not date of Joining of employee in that case company have to pay for the past period also and may need to pay penalty too.

please suggest me how can i initiate mid tenure PF contribution.

Thanks in advance to everyone.

From India, Mumbai

join on current date, and pay the difference between company joining date, and EPF joining date, under the head "arrears" this will resolve the issue

Since you are already a member of EPFO, what your current employer done is wrong as per Act.. They should have deducted atleast the maximum slab of Rs. 15,000..
I wonder whether they asked you to fill Form 11???
If they opt to pay the arrears, then definitely, they need to pay the interest and damages later for the delay in payment. This will lead to unnecessary trouble to employer as well as the HR/Finance...
So, to be in safer side, they won't accept your plea (I feel).. But, keep in mind, as per law, it is your right to avail the PF benefits..
It is your wish, whether to opt for PF & insist them to pay the arrears & penalty OR to leave as it is...
PS- You have an option of withdraw your Previous PF..

From India, Chennai
Dear Sirs/Madams,
Thanks for your suggestions, i have mentioned clearly that the intention of employer is not to pay any arrears and mine is to secure my future.
I dont want my previous funds to withdraw and wanted to initiate this contribution however now Finance team is declining to do so, neither they asked to fill form 11.
incase i put pressure on them there is chance of loosing the job too, which is not advisable suggestion here.
i want some alternate suggestion from you all experts and experienced people to make win win suggestion.
PS: also note i offered them to pay the arrears from salary which was also declined. which is indication of saving their contribution part for future too.
please suggest.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Sirs,
To add on one more important point- my current company XYZ Group is splinting into two entities effective 01st April-2017, into XYZ USA ltd and XYZ Group, in this case company is terminating and issuing new appointment letters to employees moving to XYZ USA ltd (I am part of that).
All gratuity and PF will be transferred to new entity XYZ USA ltd without and change of date of break of tenure.
please let me know if in this scenario we have an option to initiate employee contribution with paying any arrears to PF office.

From India, Mumbai

there is no issue to make a worker joined from back date, especially at present time,
the maximum damage to employer is Rs 1/- they can restore their backlogs if not done yet
see the circular by EPFO

Thanks a lots, this really helped solving the all purpose. This is appreciable initiation initiated by Government.
I have forwarded the link with PF re-initiate request to Finance and HR team. can you further let me know following:
1) can we transfer in-Operative PF account to current PF account (with UAN number generated) if yes, do we need to fill all - Form 19, 10C and 13 along with previous employer or is there any alternative way to transfer this amount
2) if someone have more than one PF accounts in past (due to change in Job) can we combined those all under one with above mentioned forms and transfer all to one account
Thanks once again in helping on crucial point. appreciate your support.

From India, Mumbai

for all your queries there is a single point solution
ask the member to log in this portal with PRESENT UAN login credentials, the UAN must have to be activated at least 4 days prior to use of this site,
after login, the member can file transfer claim of all his back service records , in same UAN or another UAN, operative or inoperative, all should be submitted in sequence,
if the present UAN is KYC complaint, then department will initiate the transfer step by step subject to data verification of present and past accounts, and if they find any variations, they will call the employee (at uan registered mobile) for clarification to process the same,
so the basic need is a present KYC complaint UAN with active contributory membership to accumulate all past EPF accounts
One Employee One PF

Thanks a lots Mr.Sharma,
now this is way easy to update, i have done the needful and trained few more HR people in org to take this forward to all employees who are in need.
appreciate your help on this.
thanks all whoever can take benefit from this detailed discussion.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Coô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server