I worked for a company for one year. And now I was serving my notice period. They fired me yesterday by saying that I misbehaved with HR because I gave my point of view to the HR regarding the issue of why to come on Saturday which is officially off when I have no projects been in stuck stage and she find it offended.
Because of this she fired me by saying I misbehaved with her & refused for the assigned duties and now they are not giving me the experience letter as well as documents. So can anyone tell me is it legal or what I need to do?

From India, Mohali
In legal terms, the employer issue termination letter, if its a force exit. In your case, only the termination letter can be issued , which is not a positive sign for your career. In future, if you wish to show your experience of this company, then its better you end up on good note and try to get relieving letter instead of another one.
To do so, its better you speak to your boss or senior authority for the same. Propose them to take your resignation letter and issue reliving letter to you. Secondly, you have be sure that they provide positive feedback to your next employer.
If you don't want to do it, then avoid mentioning this experience in your resume. it will help you to settle in your next job


Documents (related to educational or professional certificates) come under "personal asset". Not giving of "personal asset" to the person to whom it belong to is defined as "abduction" . So log a written complain in the police station about abduction of your personal asset. And take its copy to HR and retrieve your valuable documents, if she denies then ask police take action.
For the experience letter, I think Neelima's suggestion is good that you don't need to mention it in your next updated resume.

From India, Noida

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server