No Tags Found!

Trinity-Morpheus

Dear All-
I have an employee who recently joined us from a reputed IT firm and upon thrid party verfication, it was found that the employee has submitted fake relieving documents for his / her previous employment.
Spoke to the employee and found that his/her previous employer was not relieving him/her from services as the notice period stated in his/her agreement was 2months, while the emplyee had completed only 1 month of the said notice period.
Now - I am of the opinion that he/she should be sacked with immediated effect for "Forging employment document".
Would like to understand your view on the same.
Secondly, would also like to request your assistance with a draft Termination letter stating /pertaining to submission of fake / forged employement documents.

From United Kingdom, London
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi trinity, suggest not to rush through with termination.

there are times when the employers give torrid times to the subordinates - dog in the manger policy, they don't live and don't want others to live.

look at the worth of this guy. if he fits your requirements and is really good, give him a try. just hand him a personal memo.

in one of my earlier jobs, the notice period was 1 month only and when i got a job offer and gave one month's notice, the boss said that he needed to recruit a new guy and i needed to train him/her which was not in the offer letter. the process actually took 3 months. i had to forego the offer and had to go for another job.

talk to him in private. higher position means higher responsibilities and not the power to hire and fire. he came to you because of the good offer and now by your action, you are putting in no man's land. don't blow your top yet. also would you have waited if he had come after his normal 2 month relieving period?

From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Hi trinity,

I did a mistake by "forgiving" a person who gave me forged documents...including a forged salary slip. After finding it, he begged me so much that he cannot afford to lsoe the job and will stay "truthful"

this guy was a pain in the wrong place for everyone and he recently went to his native and has not returned back. The worst part is that he has created a negative atmosphere...

Okay thats a part of my blunder series!

As far as your case is concenred, kindly do the reference check on his performance, and TENURE with all his previous companies.

However if you let this go, he may either prove to be a sincere employee / or take advantage of teh situation.

If you terminate him - it will set as an example to others that the company cannot tolerate any such behavior.

So take a call and see which will suit the need of the hour! Terminate and find another person (thus settign an example) or pardon him

However, if his ex-company gets to know that he is hired by you, you might have to pay his previous employer the notice period salary.

(I know I confused you - end of the day you see... :-) )

From India, Madras
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi asha,
trinity's company may have given the guy/gal, one month's time to join and pressurised him to join. he might (or not) have informed about the two months' notice period and would have been forced to take up (not defending the action though - forgery is forgery). test his true worth. put him under a tough but fair taskmaster and inform him that you are putting him on notice for this action. if he does his job well, he will be excused one final time. have it recorded in your file and get a sign from him regarding the same. if push comes to shove, you can use this and send the guy out.
your company precipitated this and you are now trying to wash your hands off it !!!
have a cool one-to-one talk and you will get a good result.

From India, Madras
rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi holy trinity,
i go with alwar's message.
nowadays, the IT companies are themselves cooking the CVs of their staff when submitting to the clients. has your company or someone known to you not done that? if that is acceptable to get an order then this is also ok. i know from experience that an honest cv does not give me the job i deserve.

From India, Madras
TanuChopra77
Hi
In my opinion you can cross check his other documents i.e appointment letter, Doj, last salary drawn with the information he provided in his CV at the time of interview/submission of CV. If it is correct try to give him a chance to prove his caliber else you can show him the door. This is what assertiveness is.

From India, Hyderabad
basantktripathi

Hi, I support Ramesh's view on this case, termination should not be done in hurry.
Kindly inquire properly before initiating any action against him as these days after resignation at times employers really give a tough time to the resigned employee.
Issuing a warning letter may be a good option, rest all depends on company's values and practices on this case.

TanuChopra77
In my opinion you can cross check his other documents i.e appointment letter, Doj, last salary drawn with the information he provided in his CV at the time of interview/submission of CV. If it is correct try to give him a chance to prove his caliber else you can show him the door. This is what assertiveness is
From India, Hyderabad
arup.chatterjee

Hi,
All of you are really wasting your time & knowledge with a knaggy issue. What u require to run a project? Persons worth or persons paper? You all just think about yourself- in your life, "no one of you are doing anything wrong" or make any wrong commitment to anyone

From India, Patna
raulkalia
Any forged document should be treated as an integrity issue. For integrity we cant have two ways . What we can do is to encourage the candidates during the interviews to not hide any information, even if the candidate has not had the most pleasant exits he should be able to speak about the same. It should also be told during interviews in not many words that there would be a formal background check conducted.
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.