Dear Saswata Banerjee,
Though the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 is a Central Act and Central Govt. could have easily made a general provision asking the employers to pay the wages either by cheque or by crediting the wages in their employees' bank accounts, but it has been left to the State Govts.to examine the feasibility, convenience and other allied factors and issue notification for the Industrial establishments under their jurisdiction accordingly.
BS Kalsi,
Member Since August, 2011
9th January 2017 From India, Mumbai

Dear all,
Appropriate Govt under Minimum wages Act is " State Govt". The Act has delegated power under MW Act to State Govt to notify wage revision , define categories , ENSURE ITS DIRECTIONS, resolve matters of disputes etc and administer its execution within own State at local levels.Therefore, Central Govt can not usurp state Govt's right in arbitrary manners for some thing and leave few things for State Governments. It goes logical and is in accordance with the law of jurisprudence that Centre in said amendment gave this as option to State Governments either to make rules for cash or through cheque payments .
RDS Yadav
12th January 2017 From India, Delhi

Please login to participate in this discussion or start your own. Create Account

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Community™