Joining process is different for every company. Joining process is actually based on company's policy and process laid down in HR Manual.
I prefer you to please check your HR Manual and go through it to understand this process or consult your superior or colleague who has been working since long to understand the process.
The general joining process is:
1. Arrangement of workplace for new joinee
2. Welcome kit to be given to the new joinee (ID Card, Visitng Card, Dairy, Company Brochure / Catalogue, HR
3. Present the company presentation (history, milestone, achievement)
4. Completion of all joining formalities (joining documents)
5. A brief introduction of new joinee to all HoDs.
6. Meeting of new joinee with their HoD / Superior / Boss.
7. Handover the new joinee to their respective department.
24th October 2016 From India, Mumbai